Unlikely Hero

Theo ran out onto the top of the boat and saw the dead guards with the raptors all over.

"Theo?!"

He whipped around and saw his mother along with his father, Zach, Doug and some other man.

"Mom?!" he cried. He was running over to jump off the boat when a bullet blew through the wood. He fell to the ground.

"Theo!" Owen and Keira yelled. Theo pushed himself up to see Segura limping towards him. He scrambled to his feet and jumped into the water quickly.

"President Segura!" General Driggers called out to the man. "Stand down. You are in violation o-"

Segura turned to him and shot in their direction.

"I don't think he really cares about the violations General." Doug said.

Keira crawled over to the water's edge to aid her son ended up in the water herself as Segura was opening fire everywhere.

"Mom!" Theo spat out some water as he swam over to her.

"Theo! I'm so glad you're okay." she said holding onto him while they swam close to the boat to avoid the crazed gunman.

"I'm so sorry for all of this. I came out here to stop him, you have to believe me."

"I do." she said.

"I...wait you do?"

"Of course I do." she said. "You're my son, I always try to have faith that you'll do the right thing Theo. Maybe not in the beginning but in the end." 

He smiled.

"Just promise me, that when your Dad and I make a decision for the island that you just let that be the final word."

A bullet struck the water near them.

"Deal."

Owen had enough of the man.

"We need to stop him now." he told the General. "I don't care if it means killing him."

"Owen we can't, he's a president-" Zach tried to reason.

"Does it look like I give a fuck right now?" Owen glared at Zach.

"He may be the president but his people and the rest of his cabinet do not agree with his doings." General Driggers said.

"So that means-"

"We take him out with any means necessary. I have my men on the island rounding up any of his guards."

"I don't think they had much work left with our Raptor Mob here taking care of business." Doug said.

"I don't think you understand how much reinforcement Segura brought with him to ensure his plan went through."

The raptors squawked and screeched as Segura opened fire at them. He hit one directly in the head, it hit the ground dead. Yin let out a cry before nosing the fallen raptor, as she lifted her head, her teeth were bared.

"First my family and now my raptors..." Owen growled before taking off towards the boat.

"Owen no!" They went to go after him but some of Segura's men came out of the jungle with firearms. Zach and Doug were unarmed as the General called for backup and began defending them.

He ran out onto the docks dodging raptors and bullets but Segura nearly clipped him before he fell back into the water.

He surfaced to find Keira and Theo swimming over to him.

"Are you alright?" Keira asked him. "Were you hit?" Worry filled her face.

"No, I'm good. He didn't get me."

"Yet."

Segura stood above them, they heard the General opening fire but Segura shielded himself.

"This is the end of the line for the Grady family."

"No, it isn't." a voice said.

The family looked up as they tread water to see one of the guards standing behind Segura with his gun to the president's head. He was trembling terribly.

Segura turned to him furiously. "What are you doing?!" he snapped at the guard.

"I'm stopping all of this. It's crazy! You're about to kill a family!" the man said shaking his head. "I didn't sign up for this."

"What you're doing is considered treason to our country!"

"No, what you are doing is treason. You're making our people look bad by attacking innocent people who are just trying to live their lives and go about their jobs." he said. "You told me we were here to help our country's economy but you didn't say it would be at the expense of all these people. Our men are being killed left and right and you don't care!"

"You're a filthy traitor!" Segura sneered before shooting the man in the leg. "Get out of my way!" he ran back inside the boat.

"Shit!" Owen said. "He's going to get away."

"No, he won't." Theo smiled.

His parents looked to him. "What did you do?"