Chapter 4: Come With Us

Davesprite quickly flew towards the camp Jade went to. Jade had promised him that she would be back before dawn but light was already starting to shine in the sky. Jane, John, and Jake were worried that something might've happened to her so they had Davesprite go and make sure everything was alright.

By the time he had got to the camp, all the Knights were awake and were starting to pack up to continue their journey. Davesprite saw Jade helping Dave take the tent down and quickly flew down towards them. He landed several feet away from them, just enough so Jade could see him, but not Dave. Luckily for Davesprite Jade did see him. He saw her turn to Dave and heard her say, "Hold on, I need to go do something. I'll be back soon." She walked closer towards Davesprite and nudged her head towards the woods to gesture to him to go into the woods with her. He did so and once they were far away enough from the camp Davesprite turned into his human self.

Jade looked around to see if anybody was watching and then turned to Davesprite, "What are you doing here?"
"I can ask the same for you." Davesprite said as he folded his arms. "You told me you'd be back before dawn! Jake, John, and Jane are all worried about you!", he voice was starting to become louder but he still kept a straight face.
"Look, I'm sure they are!! Just tell them tha-", Jade couldn't finish what she was going to say because Davesprite quickly interrupted her.
"Tell them? What are you not coming back with me?"
"No, there's been a change of plans. I'm going to stay with the Knights and see if I can get any more information out of them." Davesprite rolled his eyes at her idea. Just then there was a voice that called out Jade's name, it was Dave's. They both turned their heads towards the sound of where the voice came from and turned back to look at each other.
"Okay, well I'll see you later I guess?", Davesprite said.
"Yes, but before you go I need to ask you something!"
Davesprite tilted his head slightly to the side, "And that is?"
"Well, when I first met the top knight... I had this weird feeling. I had this weird feeling in my stomach and- Well I don't know it was just so weird."
"Intestinal gas."
"What?....No, Davesprite. That's not it at all... This feeling kinda made me feel happy and joyful and I had the chance to kill the top knight but this feeling made me not do it. I don't know what's going on!!"
Dave called out Jade's name again but now it sounded like it was closer.
Davesprite quickly said, "Look, we'll talk about this later. I'll come see you later on today. I'll tell John, Jake, and Jane that you're okay."
"Thank you Davesprite!!", Jade hugged Davesprite and quickly ran back to the camp. Davesprite turned back into an orange crow and flew away.

Jade came out of the woods and saw Dave. Dave turned to Jade and said, "Hah, I thought you would get lost again."
"Oh be quiet, Dave.", Jade said jokingly. Jade saw that Dave had finished taking down and packing the tent while she was gone. She also saw a rolled up paper clenched in his hand. Dave saw she was look at it and unrolled it.
He said to her, "Hey, Jade, come over here for a second." Jade did so and saw that the paper was actually a map. Dave pointed at a spot on it and said, "There will be a village on our way to the place we're going. You can come with us and we will drop you off there. Sound good?"
Jade nodded her head then asked, already knowing the answer, "Where are you guys going anyway?"
"My bro sent us on a mission to go kill the Witch of Space. Ever heard of her?"
"Yes, I have.", Jade said as she looked at the map and saw where they will be entering when they get to her house. She saw that they were planning on coming in on the west. She needed to remember that.

Dave rolled it back up and placed it in a bag that was on his horse. Dave already had gotten his armor back on so he was ready to leave. Dave got onto his horse and extended his hand towards Jade. She looked at it and then looked back up at him with a confused expression on her face. "What are you doing?", Jade asked.
"Do you wanna walk the whole time?", Dave said. Jade shook her head. "Well then get on."

Jade blushed and grabbed Dave's hand. He pulled her up and helped her get on the back of the horse. Dave began to ride his horse and the other Knights followed him, with Karkat walking by Dave and Jade's side.