Secret Space- KAYA POV

"My head is going to explode," Deirdre muttered for the umpteenth time as we walked to the farming guild fields.

I sighed, "Why are we going here anyway, Sai? What's the point? Ronan's family isn't even here anymore."

The trail was graveled and crunched under our feet as we walked through the forest trail that Sai said was the 'scenic' route- meaning it was probably about 3 miles longer than it should have been.

"We're not going to an area they use much anymore, or so Ronan tells me. It's like a little hang out for the three months we're going to be in town. Something just for us! He technically didn't invite you, Kaya, but he's going to have to realize we're a package deal," He grinned, eyes alight with mischief as he looked back at me.

Sai always led us through these treks through the Faction and we've found some beautiful places- the hot springs, the waterfalls, the perfect sunrises and sunsets. Living here is a dream.

I hmphed at the idea of showing up uninvited. I haven't done anything wrong, not to him, nor to anyone in the faction because of malicious intentions. My work can blur the lines there a little bit, but it's never been me that's initiating the issue, I just profit off of it. Anyways, Ronan has no reason not to like me, and if he doesn't then he's a stupid, head-up-his-ass kind of guy and I'm not going to buddy up to him. Nope.

Regardless of my personal feelings, Sai has me following him around like a puppy and I'd go pretty much anywhere he or Deirdre ask me to. I smile tentatively as we keep walking down the path until I see a bright patch of hair shining in the sunlight ahead.

"Wow, he's like a beacon," Sai giggled.

"A stupid beacon," I huffed under my breath.

"My fucking head," Deirdre groaned some more behind me. I rolled my eyes.

Ronan is waving us over and heads into the trees to his right. We follow him until we come upon.. A deserted barn? It's in terrible shape, there's a reason that this place has been abandoned. The floor is rotted out, the roof is collapsed, and there is an idiot standing in the middle of it.

"What do you guys think?" Ronan asked, smiling wide.

"I think it has potential if we put some elbow grease in," Sai says wearily.

"It definitely isn't ready right now, but they have extra materials from a barn that just went up that are ripe for the taking," Ronan gave a devilish grin.

"Are you talking about stealing from the guild?" I question, crinkling my nose. This doesn't seem like the right thing to do.

Ronan's face fell as if he hadn't noticed I was here until now.

He turned to Sai, "this was supposed to be for us to escape the members of the faction who didn't go through what we did. So we can relax without thinking about being questioned about our service or how we're feeling or anything like that. What the hell, Sai?" Ronan's eyes were fire as he stared at Sai.

Sai just shrugged, "Kaya promises not to ask, right Kaya?" He winks.

"Of course. I don't give a fuck about your experience in the military anyways, Ronan. You have nothing to worry about here," I spit out, resulting in a bit of an eye raise from Sai before he turned back to Ronan with his hand raised in a shrug.

"See? All good here. Plus, Kaya's telekinesis can really help us fix this place up," He said as he gestured to the hovel in front of us.

"Just get it to a point where I can lay on the floor... please.. I'm laying on the gravel now.. Don't wake me up unless you have a big plate of food or an ale to cure me," Deirdre mumbled from behind me which resulted in snickers from the whole group.

Descendent of the Skyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें