Deal with the Devil- RONAN

I can't believe I did that. Idiot. This is playing with fire.

Kaya is the most attractive woman I have ever laid eyes on, and maybe that's a result of not having much diversity in our dating pool of the Sky Faction, or it's because she really just is that beautiful, but even so.. She hates my guts. I made some dumb decisions when we were kids and now I'm making mistakes that only reinforce her already-poor opinion of me. I just.. I can't breathe when I'm around her, and my brain doesn't catch up with my mouth as I say the first things that come to mind.

Can't find a good nickname?

I can think of plenty, but most often what crosses my mind when I think of Kaya is 'mine'. Sai can fuck right off if he thinks he has any claim to her. Does this seem sudden? Yes. I don't even know her, I should not have these feelings for her, and yet it's like the first time I saw her when I was standing on the stage, she became my center of gravity.

She elbowed me fucking hard in the kidney and I actually got giddy because she was willing to touch me, even if it's with her damn elbow. She wears her heart on her sleeve and she doesn't even realize it - I can see each emotion playing out even if she doesn't say it out loud. Her resolve to ignore me, her worry over what Sai and Deirdre think of her, her frustration about what they think about me... The way she wants to do the right thing for herself, her family, and the faction despite all of the shit she's been through.. It's haunting me in my dreams and when I'm awake. She's stuck in my head.

There's strength in her that I haven't seen in anyone before. Not just her toned muscles and athletic build, but the strength of her core. Her heart. I saw her in the crowd and I was fucking done for, and she hadn't even said a word to me yet. I tried to charm her at the reception, and she left me gawking after her like a lost puppy.

Despite knowing that Kaya is a drug, I've offered up this ridiculous scenario to fake it. Fake touches, fake nice, fake longing.. Except it's not fake for me at all. I'm a junkie for her and I'm hoping that I can clear her from my system by giving into the impulses that have radiated through my soul since I first saw her. It's a dangerous game for me to play with the way Sai reacts but... Honestly? I could give a fuck. Kaya is going to fall for me or no one.

This all sounds great, save for the fact that Kaya is holding my hands against her juicy inner thighs and I'm supposed to control myself? I'm frozen. I don't choke like this- not usually, but if I keep this up, I won't be able to stop. I clear my throat and move my hands back to my sides.

"Let's speed this up now that the moon is rising, yes?" I manage to get out as I move our horse to a canter. We can't go too quickly with Sai and the trailer, but we can pick it up just enough to finish this last bit of road shortly.

The scraps of the new barn are laying on the ground, and I quickly get off the horse and adjust the tightness in my pants. Kaya is still sitting there as I start to grab some of the pieces.

"Come on, angel, come help me get these ready for when Sai catches up.. Or are you too good for it?" I smirk at her, though I doubt she can see it in the dark. Again, brain not working. Why did I have to make such a lame comment??

Even in the dark, Kaya's face flushes bright red and I can't help but imagine making her blush in other ways. Suppressing a groan, I stroll up to her, acting casual.

"What's the deal? Are you wanting me to call you princess now?" I trace my fingers from her foot still in the stirrup, all the way up her leg until I'm resting my hand on her hip. She swats at me.

"Sai isn't even here yet, there's no need to be touchy," she hisses. She looks around, as if checking to see who will hear her before she drops her eyes to mine.