Chapter 5

TW: eating bugs

Y/N rocked themselves on the floor, shaking. They were waiting for DogDay to return, but they felt like they were going insane. Their stomach was growling every 10 seconds, and cicadas were crawling and chirping on the floor, making them feel worse. It wasn't long before they started to sob into their legs and cover their ears. "Shut up shut up shut up!!!" They yelled, hoping it would do something for silence. It did nothing. If anything, it made the noises louder. They started subconsciously biting at their skin from nerves.

Y/N sat on the floor silently, watching bugs crawl across the floor and scurry around with an ear piercing clicking sound. Where's DogDay. Did he leave? Y/N stood up with shaky legs and exited the room under the statue, looking around for anyone. Anything. Their shoe made a mushy cracking sound when they put it down, making them realize they stepped on a larvae. This ignited a memory in their head long forgotten.

"Now Y/N, you take the head and.. pop!" Y/N's dad showed the little child the larvae's head, popped off. Y/N stared in interest, before watching their dad pop the dead bug into his mouth. "Ewww!" Y/N shuddered, and their dad laughed. "Larvae are good sources of protein, and completely delicious." He joked. Y/N laughed and gave their dad a playful shove.

Well, the Larvae was dead that's for sure. Because it didn't more after being smushed under their shoe, not even a bit. Y/N gulped, crouching down. With disgust bubbling in their stomach they picked up the smooshed body of the larvae, carefully snapping off the crunched up head of it. They sighed. "Well.. bon appetite.." they mumbled, and squeezed their eyes shut as they are the dead bug.