Chapter 6

A good 30 minutes after eating that bug, Y/N was silently sitting in the middle of the fake grass when a familiar sound of gears shifting under steps was heard in the distance. They whipped their head around, relieved to see DogDay. Without thinking, their legs worked faster than their head and they ran over to him. DogDay, despite looking a little confused ran over to them as well and pulled them into a tight hug. "Angel? Are you.." he trailed off, his eyes examining them. "Angel?! Are you okay you look sick!" He said in a panicked voice. Y/N didn't say anything, simply leaned over and collapsed into his arms, their breaths coming in shaky. "I'm okay.." they whispered. "I'm okay now...."

——

After some well needed rest and some old snacks from the Playcare cafeteria, Y/N was looking a little better. Still tired and hurt, but better. "Angel, are you okay? Did something happen?" DogDay asked for the 12th time in the past hours. "I'm fine." Y/N clarified again. "Just tired." They yawned, leaning against DogDay. "I don't know what you see in me." They mumbled, closing their eyes. "I'm no savior."

DogDay looked over at them silently. He reached over and wrapped an arm around Y/N, gently pulling them close. He remained silent for a few moments, before speaking again. "Go to sleep. You need your rest okay..? I can tell you another time." He whispered, laying their head against his surprisingly soft robotic body. "Just sleep."

Y/N sighed. "Hmph.. you're one weird guy.. Sunny side pup." They said jokingly, earning a small chuckle from the large dog. "I get that.." he whispered. As Y/N drifted off into sleep, they felt a gentle paw rubbing their back gently.