Home

The days, weeks and months passed with Kate and Loki spending every free moment together. Loki met her Grandparents, John and Grace, they loved Loki and they especially loved how well he treated their Kate. She took him for long walks on the farm and to all of her favorite places from her youth and introduced him to her life long friends. Everyone who met him instantly loved him.

On other days Loki introduced her to Thor and Jane, she learned more about Asgard from Thor, and he told her about their parents All-Father Odin and Queen Frigga. Kate learned of Loki's ability to do magic when he conjured orb's of light to flutter in the air above her head one night in bed. He explained that Frigga is a powerful witch and it was the one thing that she taught him as a means to connect with her youngest son. He loved Frigga, she wasn't his biological mother, however, she was the only person on all of Asgard that truly loved and understood him.

Kate had cleaned out a portion of her closet and a couple of drawers in her bureau to give Loki room to keep some of his things at her home, since he lived there more than he did in the city with Thor. One evening while they were sitting on the porch watching the end of the day slowly slip away as the sun all warm and pink traded places in the sky with a beautiful full moon. Loki became very quiet, this concerned Kate. He had serious moments, but the look on his face told a story much different than any he had ever told her. "Loki, is everything alright", she implored. He sat there for a moment like he was collecting his thoughts to tell her another elaborate story, he had so many.

Turning to face Kate, he gave her a gentle smile as he took her face in his hand. "My love", he started, "there's something I want to discuss with you", he said with a sense of dread in his voice. "I've wanted to do this for a while,  it's just that I've enjoyed our time together far too much to muddle it up with this. "We spend all of our free time together and I practically live here", he replied, hoping that Kate would be open-minded about this. "There is something that I want us to do, it's something that Ive wanted for quite some time actually" he replied. "What is it", she asked puzzled by what on Earth could he want that they had not already done. "Actually it's a place that I want us to visit, however, the journey there may not be a pleasant one for you", knowing that the trip was easy for him, he'd made it thousands of times. But for Kate, it would definitely cause her great distress. "Where would you like for us to go, I will go anywhere with you", she asked her curiosity peaked by this point. "I want to take you to my home, I want us to go the Asgard", he replied with a very matter-of-fact tone and a slight grin, relieved to know that she was in it no matter what. "I want my mother to meet you, I know she will love you as I do", he said, his voice so confident and sincere. "Kate, more than anything I need both she and Odin to see that I am worthy of real, true love from someone who wants nothing more from me than to receive the same in return", his voice had now picked up a hint of sadness. Kate knew in her heart why this was so important to him, she knew of his lineage. She knew that underneath his alabaster skin was something he called a "Frost Giant" and his real skin color was blue. But to her he looked like of average size, so imagining him a Giant was unfathomable to her.

"If it's important to you then it's important to me, like I told you I will go wherever you need to go", laying her hand over his and giving it a gentle squeeze. "There is one thing that you need to understand, Odin thinks less of humans than he does of Frost Giants, he will likely never accept you", please understand that I care not what he thinks. "You are the great love of my life I won't ever let someone's foolish ideas cause me to lose the one thing from the one person that I have wanted my entire life", he exclaimed with sheer passion. Kate knew he meant every word of it, like Loki who never needed Kate to tell him she loved him, Kate also knew that she would be protected no matter what.