Finding Our Way (Mature)

Kate and Loki's conversation was long, full of angry tears, confusion and soulful confessions. Loki told her everything, even things that were painful for him to tell her, things that he felt great shame for now. He especially felt great shame for taking her to Asgard without doing as Thor had asked him to do....take him with them. By the end of the conversation they were finding their way back to each other.

They planned to meet later that evening for dinner. This felt most comfortable to Kate because she still wasn't ready to just pick up where they left off like nothing had ever happened. It would take her some time and he had to work to regain her trust. But they were both willing to do the work.

Over the next several weeks they worked hard on their relationship....he worked especially hard to regain her trust. He was honest with her about every single question that she still asked him about all of this, especially about Odin. She wasn't sure she wanted to ever go back to Asgard, even if Thor went with them. However, he assured her that going back wasn't an option anymore and that she would just have to experience it through the stories that he and Thor had shared with her.

Their story would be a love story for the ages, they decided. In time things between them fell back into the same happy, loving groove that it had been before everything. One night while they were lying in bed, Loki asked her, "Kate have you ever thought about getting married"? This came out of the blue, but in her heart she knew when she met him that if she ever married it would be to him. "It has entered my mind", she said,  "but it's been a while since I thought about it". "Why are you asking me about that"? "No reason, it was just something that I have thought about", he said, wrapping his arms around her, burying his face in her hair and kissing the crook of her neck. "I love you Kate, more than anything or anyone else in all of the 9 realms", he said.

That night he made love to her like it was their first time. He was tender and loving to every inch of her beautiful body. "Darling, you have the most beautiful body" or simply "Mine" when he would kiss her breasts or touch the wetness between her legs. But when his length found its home they were both  overcome with emotions. Reaching up, she took his face in her hands and wiped a tear from his cheek. Instinctively, his face melted into her palms as if it was made specifically for them. "My love, why are you crying", she tenderly asked. "Because I love you, because I didn't think we would ever find our way back to each other and yet here we are", he said, his voice quivering. After they finished he carried her to the tub, ran them a bath and sitting between his legs, she laid back on his chest and he bathed her taking special care around her sensitive parts.

Kate, I want to take you somewhere, local, no more trips leaving this realm, I promise you", he said. "Ok then, where" she asked curious as to what he had up his sleeve this time. "I'll pick you up tomorrow evening, say around 5:00 and we will go there". "I look forward to it", she said. At 5 pm on the dot, Loki arrived and he and Kate made their way to a place that Loki had discovered while on one of his many drives while waiting for Kate to get home from work. "So, where are you taking me this time", she asked with a hint of sarcasm in her voice and a sly grin on her face. "Some place I discovered while on a drive one day. I planned to have taken you there already, but I think now is the best time to do it, he said taking her hand in his and placing his lips on her knuckles. The drive seemed long, but they talked and sang to the radio to pass the time. When they arrived, he told her to close her eyes. She did as he asked, and before she knew it he had helped her out of the car and walked her a few feet. "Keep your eyes closed", he kept telling her. When they reached the spot that he had wanted, he told her to open her eyes. "Loki, this is gorgeous", she said as she took in the beauty of the garden full of flowers and trees. The air smelled sweet as they gave off their gentle fragrance. Today, he thought will be the day I've waited for, for what feels like a lifetime.