Friendship Request !

One Friday night in February, as I was relaxing on my bed, reading a book that promises to break my heart, with words that tug at my emotions, drawing me into a world of love and loss,completely immersed  in the pages, I hear my phone vibrating, breaking the spell. I glance at the screen and see a text notification. It's a friendship request from somebody named Mr. Darcy. My heart skips a beat at the familiar name. As a hopeless romantic who fantasizes on a daily basis, I accept the invitation without a second thought. What's the worst that could happen accepting a friendship request by a stranger? There's a thrill of excitement as I wonder who this mysterious Mr. Darcy might be ! What if  he is as good as the book character? And while i was contemplating with that idea,he texted me.

Mr. Darcy: So, I see you've accepted my friendship request. I hope you're not expecting any grand romantic gestures.

Me : Oh, don't worry, I'm not expecting any grand gestures from a Mr. Darcy who hides behind a screen.

Mr. Darcy: Touché. But you accepted my request pretty quickly. What does that say about you? Are you really that lonely?

Me: It says that I'm open to making new connections, even with snarky Mr. Darcys. And no ! I'm not lonely ,I have plenty of friends.

Mr. Darcy: Fair enough. Perhaps I'll surprise you yet.

Me: I doubt it. You've got a lot to prove, Mr. Darcy.

Mr. Darcy: Challenge accepted.

Me: Did you learn that from Barney Stinsons?

Mr.Darcy: From who? Miss,don't offend  my intelligence !

Me: That's bold coming from somebody that clearly never saw "How I met your mother".

Mr. Darcy: I have seen the show . Do you think that I live under a rock? Anyways ,I hate to admit that your sarcasm is quite intriguing. It's not often I encounter someone who can match wits with me.

Me: Oh, please. Your attempts at wit are as transparent as your thinly veiled attempts at flattery.

Mr. Darcy: Touché, but I assure you, I am genuinely intrigued by our banter. It's not often one finds a worthy opponent.

Me: Worthy opponent? Is this some kind of twisted game to you, Mr. Darcy?

Mr. Darcy: Not at all. I simply find our conversations rather entertaining. It's refreshing to engage in such spirited discourse.

Me: Well, I suppose I can't argue with that. I'm glad you are smart enough to notice the obvious.

                                        seen by Mr.Darcy

~Next day~

Mr.Darcy : So what do you do,when you  don't text with strangers?

Me: I'm a nurse ! And yourself? Oh,let me guess , playing video games?

Mr.Darcy : I'm a little too old for games.

Me: I knew you were ancient !

Mr.Darcy : Oh,please ! I'm only 35 years old and at the pique of my physique.

Me: It's a good thing to think positivily about yourself. I mean,somebody other than your mother has to do it.

Mr.Darcy : Ouch ! What an unsensitive nurse ! What if my mother was dead?

Me: Oh,I'm sorry ! Is she?

Mr.Darcy:  Thankfully not !

Me: Then no harm was done . Still you haven't told me what you do !

Mr.Darcy: Well if you must know ,I'm actually a doctor. Giving something back to humanity.

Me: I hate doctors,no offense.

Mr.Darcy: None taken. Even though it seems like we started from the wrong foot.

Mr.Darcy: (sent  image) plants and his feet from the couch he is sitting at.

Me: Ew! Why are you showing me your feet?

Mr.Darcy: God, no ! I'm showing you my plants you imbecile .

Me: Don't call me that. And thank you but no thank you. I don't have a foot fetish !

~Mr.Darcy unadded you as a friend~

Well great,whatever ! You were such a loser anyway.
I had totally forgoten about it,until one week later my phone vibrates again.

~Mr.Darcy added you back~

Mr.Darcy: Hello !

Me: You again ?

Mr.Darcy : What did I do?

Me: You don't remember do you? Weak memory comes with age.

Mr.Darcy : Like you are any younger yourself ! You are probably like 50 years old .

Me: Thank you,for finding me a mature woman in my 50s ,but actually yes,I am younger than you,I'm 31.

Mr.Darcy: And let me guess, still single aren't you?

Me: Single by choice. I highly doubt you to ever have had a girlfriend. Who would want to be with somebody like you?

Mr.Darcy: Actually I was married. I'm divorced now,hunting little girls like you.

Me: Aw ,scary !

Mr.Darcy : You should be scared.

Me: You are talking like somebody that has a chance.

Mr.Darcy: Without you even knowing it,you will find yourself entranced by my charm.

...Seen

Few days go by and the talking never stops. Mr.Darcy always initiates conversations and I start to realise,he is actually not that bad. Bonus points that he is handsome as well,dark hair,dark eyes,caramel skin ,and a lovely smile.
And I know for sure that I am in big trouble,but I keep joking around about him being my enemy, when in reality all he is doing is getting closer and closer to me. This is not healthy !

Mr.Darcy : So tell me about yourself ,please?

Me: Im very sensitive,I  might come as someone I don't care but it's all a facade. My mood can change even from a stupid word someone said that didn't mean to say it,or by e gesture and sometimes even by things I see or read....and i like the rain ,when it's not stormy,and I can stay inside,warm and satisfied..cause home is the place I feel the safest..and you have no idea how fast I leave work or meetings with my friends ,just to rush home  so I can be at peace.

                                       Seen by Mr.Darcy
~Few hours later~

Me: Guess you didn't like what you read !

Mr.Darcy : I'm still thinking about you running from places just so you can be home.

Me: Yeah ! What about it?

Mr.Darcy : We are too much the same,and I wasn't supposed to like you.

Mr.Darcy : Fuck ! I'm fucked.

Me: You can take it back. I will pretend I never read it.

Mr.Darcy : No lies.

Me: No lies...