CHAPTER 11: Where's my gift?

The lunari king and his daughter walked over to the gate that would take them home. The gate was an intricately carved frame that wrapped around two large walls, the ends connected through a circle of shimmering blue light.

A bulk tall man stood on one side of the gateway, one hand extended toward a sphere made of white-hot flames. The sphere crackled and sparked, emitting a dull grey light that glimmered over the surface of the wall, giving the impression of a window. 

"To monaler, xander." Delvin ordered as him and his daughter stepped inside the set.  "Sure thing. Your grace." Xander answered as he wrapped his two hands on the sphere thing, and it started glowing. Each kingdom has its own gatekeeper and xander is the gatekeeper of Zaria. In a cue the gate opened and the pair walked inside, with one last look on the faces that watched them leave, maria took in a deep breath as the sight around her turned into a blur of colours.  Not longer than 5 minutes and her eyes met with the familiar chamber.  The white marbel floors, the silver coloured walls, and the beautiful chandeliers and lights. The throne room.

"Finally." She took in a deep breath, welcoming the cool breeze of the monaler air.  "No more lavy weather."

"Welcome,  home." Maria's eyes shipped up to see the source of the soft voice.

"Mother!" She excalimed running forward as she  engulfed her with a hug, feeling better than she'd ever been in her warm embrace. 

"How was your journey?"  Her mother whispered with a chuckle, holding her daughter close.

"Hello, love. "  delvin chimed in, wrapping hands around the pair that were hugging.

"Not too good, actually." Maria replied quietly as she snuggled closer to her mother.

"Let’s have some tea. We have so much to talk about." Maria’s mother pulled out of the hug as Maria let out a sigh, her eyes taking in the familiar surroundings. She followed her mother into the parlour, where a tea set could be seen laid out on the centre table. Delvin took his seat next to his wife as he poured himself a cup.  "So,"  the Queen of lunalurse begun, pouring herself a cup as well. "How was azar?"  Maria and her father exchanged glances before he parted his lips. "Not that part, please," Maria muttered, cutting whatever her father was about to say off.

"Our daughter here went to a pheonix Lair, got almost burned alive, me and Eze got there last minute and saved the day." Delvin casually explained, sipping his tea, and the Queen sat there astonished.

"His name is Helios, by the way, and he didn't hurt me, mother." She said, pausing for a moment as she replayed what actually happened.  "I mean, he somehow was about to until i awakened my powers," her eyes lit up as she spoke those words, only for a frown to appear on her face the next second.  "Till they vanishd like it never happened. " she continued

"And that too." Delvin chimed in, pointing an index finger at his daughter.
The Queen didn't utter a single word for a good moment,  tripping over the fact that her only daughter almost died by the creature that she loved the most, that she awakened her long- awaited gift, and that it vanished?  She didn't even know where to begin.

"What in the name of the Gods?" The Queen mumbled

"Well-" Maria's words were halted back as her mother shifted in her seat, walked up to her, resting her palm against her forehead . "Mother, what are you-"

"Shh." She took in a deep breath, a warm light of pale blue emitting from her palm, and to her daughter’s forehead, Maria closed her eyes at the sensation. It felt oddly good, like she was getting a massage inside her head.

"Yvanna, i tried. Nothing is there." Delvin sighed, putting his tea cup down.

Maria scowled at her father's words
"My brain is there, thank you very much. Father." He simply shook his head at her sentence as a response.