Chapter 13: Neroliner

As the mother and daughter were preparing for a journey of uncertainty, different rush of emotions flooded in their hearts. Maria was excited to see the water kingdom for the first time, and Yvanna was worried about what they might encounter there. She hoped they would find actual answers for her daughter’s condition, and also nothing of a struggle to stop down their path.  Ko was standing in front of the teleport gate, holding two bags of any necessary stuff the two royals might have packed.

"Hey, honey, listen to your mother, alright? Don't wander off and stay out of trouble." Delvin's said to his daughter, a soft yet concerned look on his face.

"I'll be fine, Father." Maria replied with a big grin.

"Protect your mother for me, yeah?" Delvin crouched, ruffling her hair, casting a glance at the woman he loved.

"She needs protection more than me." Yvanna chimed in,making him playfully scowl. "Don't badmouth my daughter, woman. she's a strong girl." Delvin stated, wrapping protective arms around maria, making her giggle.  "He's right, I'm a strong girl!"

"Alright." Yvanna rolled her eyes with a smile. "Hey, strong girl, ready for your next adventure?"

"Yes!" Maria exclaimed, taking her mother's hand, dragging her to the portal.

"Let it open, Andrew." Delvin called out to the lunari Guardian of the Gate, to which he gladly did as he told. 
The two royals stood before the High double walls of the soon to open gate, waiting for the light door to appear so they could walk through it and reach their destination.

"Please, protect them, Ko." Delvin pleaded to his old friend and his righthand of a Knight.

"I'll protect them with my life, your majesty." The  bulk black haired man replied, doing a small bow with his head before taking off and joining Yvanna and Maria.

"Don't keep it long, I'll get lonely," delvin stated with a small smile playing on his face, as he watched the 3 stand before the portal.

"See you soon, Father!" Maria waved with a big grin still holding her mother's hand as they all walked towards the light.

As Yvanna, Maria, and Ko approached the light of the portal, their minds were awash in a sea of possibilities. Yvanna's thoughts were dominated by the excitement and worry of what the water kingdom would hold for her daughter's condition, while Maria's thoughts were filled with anticipation of new experiences and new discoveries. Ko's thoughts were consumed with the responsibility of protecting the two royals and ensuring that their journey to the water kingdom would be a safe and successful one.
In the moment before the light bathed them in its glow, a sense of trepidation was felt by all, but that was quickly washed away as the scenery unfolded before them.

Maria could feel the change of temperature immediately in the humid air, and she takes her first breath of the salty ocean air. Yvanna’s heart is pounding in her chest as she looks around at the stunning blue waters and the lush green terrain they’re stepping into.

"Welcome to Neroliner." All heads turned to the side seeking the source of the manly voice.  They were all met with shining blue eyes, sun-kissed skin and black haired two figures, an old man with silver hair, and tired brown eyes standing 5 feet behind them. 

"Brother," Yvanna conceded as her brother took a step forward, taking his beloved younger sister in his arms, to which she gladly accepted. Maria watched with a poker face, seeing the stranger man hugging her mother. She shipped her eyes away to meet the girl that stood earlier with the man. She looked slightly older than her, and the two girls held a staring contest, completely forgetting their surroundings.