CHAPTER 16: Apology

"I was just playing with her. How was I supposed to know she wouldn't dodge it?"

"You attacked her from behind, Colderia."
The girl crossed her arms, huffing in her bed as a response.

"I didn't. I wanted to see her gift so I asked her to play with me." Colderia answered her tone slightly defensive like a thief caught red-handed.

"She doesn't have any," Calder stated, before looking away for a moment. "Well not yet." He added.

"Why? Isn't she a lunari princess?"

Calder sighed, running a hand through his raven hair before taking a seat next to his daughter. "She is."

"Then why doesn't she have any?" The 10-year-old wondered confusion painting her sun-kissed face. "Even I learned snow-awakening which you said is a bit harder and takes a while to master it."

"Well, some have it easier than others." He whispered, patting her on the back

"Now, enough changing the topic. Go apologise to your cousin." Calder demanded, standing up.

Colderia rolled her eyes, letting out an annoyed groan. She didn't want to go and say to Maria 'I'm sorry' that would be embarrassing because she believed she didn't do anything wrong.

"Do I have to?"

"Yes. Right now and away." Colderia sighed, pulling herself up, as she reluctantly opened her door.

"We came here for a reason, Maria," Yvanna said, looking at the small girl who lay down on the bed, with a hovered blanket.

Sighing she sat down on the edge. "Talk to me at least?"

Maria shifted in her position, pulling the blanket closer as if indicating that she didn't want to talk to her mother.
Yvanna waited for a moment, staring at the blanket, hoping her daughter would get tired and finally give in. They fought earlier.

Maria says she doesn't want to stay here any longer and Yvanna tries to convince her otherwise.

"I'll be in my room. If you need anything Ko is right outside." Yvanna replied, standing up on her feet.

"Tell Ko I don't want to speak to anybody," Maria mumbled loud enough for her mother to hear to which she nodded, a sad look overtaking her face.

as she walked out of the room.  Maria's ears perked up at the sound of the door closing and she removed the blanket off of her body and sat up.
After a while of sitting on her bed lost in her thoughts, voices from behind the door grabbed her attention back to the physical world.

"I'm afraid her Highness doesn't want to speak at the moment." Maria's ears caught up on the deep familiar voice. It was Ko's.

"I'm just going to say two words and get out." Maria stood up to her feet, as her ears detected the voice of the girl she hated. Walking towards the door at a hurried pace, maria slammed it open, making the two people who were arguing in front of it, slightly flinch and glance at it.

"There you are." Maria narrowed her eyes at Colderia.

"What do you want?" she asked, nodding at Ko that it was alright.

"My father forced me to apologise to you. I mean I don't think there's anything to apologise for, but he nonetheless told me to, not that I did anything bad to apo-"  

"I liked the part where you said I'm sorry." Maria crossed her arms, as she glared at her.

"Why should I say that? I haven't done anything ." The older girl shot back, mirroring her cousin's actions.