Chapter 5

~Royal~

Me and my band are sitting at a table with Dion and his band. Dion is sitting next to me. I have my band on mine. Dion has his arm around my waist as usual.

"You know me and my girlfriend broke up last night" he says and I chuckle.

"Ain't no surprise there. You couldn't keep a girl if your life depended on it" I tell him and he rolls his eyes at me and takes a sip of his drink. He then slides it over to me, offering me some but I slide it back to him. He knows I don't drink.

"Why did you guys break up anyway? I thought you guys were good together" Celia asks from a little ways down the table.

"There wasn't anything good about it" I say and Dion scoffs beside me.

"Maybe in your eyes. It was perfect to me" Dion says.

"Well I can't really remember what happened the rest of the relationship but I know we broke up because of a fight" I say.

"Yall broke up just because of an argument?" Valerie asks.

"I mean that too but I meant a physical fight. I still love him though" I say.

"Really?" He asks surprised and I laugh at him.

"As a friend. Don't get your hopes up" I tell him and his excitement deflates into annoyance.

"Royal" I hear Sonia say and I look at her.

"Huh?" I ask and she points to something behind me. I look behind me and it's Chris. He's staring enamored at me with his head resting on his hand. When he sees me look back he sits up and waves at me with a giant smile on his face. I just turn back around.

"Who was that?" Dion asks looking back with me. I look at him and shrug.

"That's Royal's number one fan" Kendra says and I shake my head.

"Oh so you got fans now?" Dion asks me and I shake my head.

"I been had fans. Don't get all bent out of shape because you don't" I say and he scoffs.

"I'll have you know I got ladies chasing me down the street" he says and I scoff.

"Yet every time we see you, you got your head up Royals ass" Valerie says and I laugh.

This is why I love her.

"You shut your damn mouth" he says and i hit him on his arm.

"Don't talk to her like that" I say and he sits back in his chair and takes another sip of his drink.

"Alright ladies we should be getting ready" I say then get up. They get up too and we start going towards our dressing room.

On my way there I look back and see Chris still staring at me. He waves at me again and I go to ignore him and turn around before Sonia lightly hits me.

"Wave back. Don't be rude" she tells me and I sigh and turn back around to wave at him. When I do I see his whole face light up.

He's cute

We get to our dressing room and I take off my shirt and pants and put some leather pants and a cropped leather jacket with a pair of black heels. My hair is already a mess so all I have to do is put it down.

I put take my curly hair out of the rubber band and it flows down to halfway on my back. The other girls put on something similar and I grab my guitar off the couch and put it on.

"Alright. You guys ready?" I ask them and they nod.

"How do we look?" Sonia asks me and I look at all of them before responding.