Chapter 14

~Royal~

I slowly wake up to the feeling of being held. I open my eyes and realize that Chris never left this time. Even though I was being kinda shitty to him.

He's still here.

"You awake?" He asks and I nod but don't lift my head from his  bare chest. He starts to draw circles on my back which is very calming.

"Your boss is a dick" he tells me and I nod.

"Yeah I know. The cheap bastard only cares about himself and his money" I say.

"You can't just quit? Find yourself somewhere else to play at?" He asks and I smile.

"If only it were that easy. I can't quit Chris, I got bills to pay" I tell him.

"So about that guitar..." he trails off. Just mentioning it makes me angry and sad at the same time. But I gotta remember, none of this is his fault and he doesn't know.

"It was my fathers. He gave it to me on my 10th birthday" I tell him, but that's all he's getting out of me for now.

"Don't you have somewhere to be?" I lift my head up from his chest and ask him.

"I am where I'm supposed to be" he says and gently pushes my head back down on his chest.

This is so comforting. I haven't been held like this in so long...

"And plus, I don't want you to be sad" he says and hugs me.

"Why do you care so much? You basically just met me" I say.

"I'm your boyfriend now remember? It's my job" he says and I giggle.

I kinda did forget that...

I lift myself from his chest so I'm now in a sitting position on his waist and I stretch upwards. He hold my waist while I do then the phone starts ringing. I groan.

"Who is that?" Chris asks and I shrug. I roll off of him and to the other side of the bed to the phone. I pick it up.

"Hello?" I say.

"We have practice today" it's Valerie.

Who else would it be.

"As of right now we don't. I don't wanna" I tell her and I feel Chris scoot closer to me and puts his head on my shoulder.

"You should do something you enjoy instead of sitting in bed all day depressed" she says and I sigh.

"I ain't depressed Val, and how the hell im supposed to do what I enjoy when I ain't got nothing to play?" I ask her and feel Chris's hands run up and down my body.

"You sing too. But come on we need to rehearse" she says and I roll my eyes.

"Fine whatever, just...later ok?" I tell her.

"You got it boss" she says then hangs up. I smile to myself at her answer then take the phone from my ear to dial Dion's number.

"Who are you calling now?" Chris asks and I rest my arm over his shoulder and across his chest.

"I'm gonna ask Dion if I could barrow his guitar" I tell him.

"Hello?" I hear from the phone.

"Dion" I say.

"I hate up pretty lady?" He asks.

"Could I use your guitar for my rehearsal today?" I ask him he pauses before answering.