Chapter 7

~Royal~

I wake up the next morning and check my clock.

'11:42'

Looks like it's time to get up.

I get up and go to the bathroom to brush my teeth and take my hair out of the rubber band. After that I go back in my room and take my dad's guitar off the wall and go downstairs. I get down there and close the door behind me and go to sit down in my chair.

Down here is where I play my dad's instruments and make new music. This time I go straight to the electronic drums. My dad never had these so I had to save up and buy this. I still have my dad's old set but I don't use it because it's very loud.

I go to sit on the stool of the electric ones and start messing around with the drums then record a beat.

Halfway through my studio session I get a call on my phone. Which is weird because I never give anyone my studio number...

I go over to the phone and pick it up.

"Hello...?" I ask slowly.

"Royal we've been trying to call you all day so you must've either been sleep or in the studio" it's Valerie on the other end. I'm still confused as to how she got this number.

"How did you get this number? This is a business line only" I say and I hear her scoff over the phone.

"Business line my ass. You gave us this number in case of an emergency or when your not answering your phone. And we don't have a business" she says completely calling me out.

"Whatever. What's up?" I ask her.

"We coming at like 3 for rehearsal" she says and I nod.

"Alright I'll be ready for yall" I say and play with some of the controls in the studio.

"Ok Royal" she says.

"Bye sexy" I say back then put the phone back down. I look up at the wall for the clock suddenly realizing that I should get a watch.

'1:36'

I get up from my seat and go back upstairs then to the living room where my dad's old record player is. I put on his old Al Green record and sit down on the couch.

I haven't checked my mail in a while...

I get up from the couch and then walk out my door. I leave the door open as I'll be right back and don't need to close it. I open my mailbox and take out the mail. Walk back towards the front door of my house while looking at it all one by one.

As usual it's just the newspaper and a couple things trying to get me to join something. Then I come across a letter. The front of it is addressed to 'The Love of My Life'.

Who is this from?

I stare at the letter for a moment as I go to sit on the couch to read it. It's written all in cursive and it's nice handwriting. I carefully open the letter and put the envelope aside.

Hey Beautiful

I haven't been able to stop thinking about you ever since we first officially met, and since I saw you on tv.

Your hair, your eyes, your style, your body, your walk, everything. When you sing it's like I hear angels. I love your smile and your attitude.

Hopefully you'll let me touch your hair and let me into your heart.

I know you already know who sent this letter and if you don't, take a guess mama.