Chapter 16

~Royal~

Later next day...

"Royal" Chris says from behind me.

"Chris" I say back and turn my chair around to face him. Right now we're in my studio and he's watching me work.

"Hi" he waves at me with a stupid smile on his face. I just smile too and shake my head and get up from my chair.

"Alright let's go" I say and hang up my guitar on the wall. We both walk out the basement and go sit on the couch.

"Oh I have to check the mail" I say then go to get up but Chris puts his hand up to stop me.

"I can do it for you" he says and I sit back down and relax.

"Oh really? Thanks" I say and he gets up and goes outside. I wait and a minute or so later he comes back in, closing and locking the door behind him.

"Here" he says and hands me the mail. I take it from him and look through them.

Bill...

I put that down and look at the one behind it.

Bill...

I put that one to the side and look at the other behind it. The name of this one catches my eye.

Air mail...

After a second it clicks that this must be the ticket that they mailed me for the tour. A small excited smile grows on my face.

I gotta tell Chris.

"Chris I got something to tell you" I say and that's gets his full attention.

"What is it?" He asks and I look down at the ticket.

"Me and my band got an invitation to go on tour with Dexter" I say and he doesn't look excited or impressed at all.

"What...?" He asks.

Oh no...

"I said me and my band are going on tour with Dexter in LA. We're opening for him" I say again.

"Wait a minute...let me get this straight. You goin on tour with the Dexter? Mister steal your girl Dexter?" He asks and I laugh.

"Is that what he calls himself? That's so stupid. Ive never heard of him before though" I say.

"Baby you don't understand how much of a problem this is gonna be. You're gonna leave with that man, and I might never get you back" he says.

"Ok. I think you're being a bit dramatic" I tell him and he shakes his head.

"I'm not being dramatic. You know how many times that's
happened?" He says and I touch his arm.

"Chris, listen to me. None of that is gonna happen" I say then hold his hand.

"How do you know that" he asks and I put my other arm around to him to pull him closer to me.

"Because why would I leave you for some kid I don't even know?" I ask him and he just stays quiet.

"You better be right" he says then leans over to kiss me.

"Besides...I could buy you a ticket to come with us" I say and his eyes light up.

"You serious? You would do that for me?" He asks and I nod.

"Yeah, of course" I tell him but his happy expression leaves and he deflates.

"My mom will never let me...we could ask her" he says and I pause and move my hands from him.

"Ok so you lost me at we" I say and he comes closer to me and holds me again.