Chapter Six: Unrequited Devotion

Artist is voidseeker on instagram! Follow them if you love Hazbin Hotel content! I just love how they draw Lucifer 😭
______________________________________

"Soleil, do you love anyone?"

"What an odd question, Miss Emily. Of course I do."

"Really?"

Soleil cocked a brow and turned to the young seraphim who got flustered.

"I-I mean! You don't strike me as a romantic person.. that's all," Emily explained herself with a small blush of embarrassment. "You have always been so aloof that the very idea of romance with you is.. concerning."

Soleil sighed quietly and resumed her scrolling on her phone before answering.

"I thought we were talking about just love in general. Family or friends, or some sort."

Emily tilted her head while brushing Soleil's long, fluffy hair, gesturing for her to continue.

"I'll have to say.. Adam."

To say that Emily's shocked was an understatement.

"I-Is it like.. romantic..? Or..??"

Soleil snorted.

"No. Friend. And you as well."

Emily sighed in relief. Why? She didn't want to answer that but boy she's glad. While Adam makes it obvious that he cared for Soleil more than he lets himself do, Emily doesn't see him and Soleil in a romantic relationship at all. Much less Adam in a romantic relationship. After all, both wives left him for the same man and Emily's gotta admit, that's just sad for him. So it's hard to imagine, no?

"Then do you have a uh.. romantic.. interest?" Emily asked slowly, somehow nervous and excited to learn anything new about her old friend. But when Soleil didn't answer and stilled, Emily felt the side of her lips turn upwards.

"Oh my gosh. You do, don't you?"

Her smile quickly turned into a childish pout when she saw Soleil chuckle and shake her head at Emily's eagerness. The seraphim was really just a young girl at heart, thirsty for love and gossip. It honestly made Soleil feel old. Not really nostalgic since she never really was a romantic even in her younger years. She finally answered when she kept the seraphim waiting long enough.

"I do."

Emily scrunched her forehead and stopped brushing Soleil's hair unconsciously. Had she already seen this person before? Why hadn't Soleil talked about them yet? Or why hadn't Emily seen them together yet? A secret lover perhaps? But why would she keep it secret? Heaven won't forbid her from loving anyone. Or maybe a higher ranking angel than Soleil? To be fair, Soleil is a prideful one so she may not like to flaunt that she's a lower rank than her lover. She shook her head and just decided to ask.

"Who is it?"

Soleil smiled softly.

"Someone who is in love with another."
______________________________________

"Come now, Beri. You mustn't climb on the television."

"Meow."

"Yes, you will be a bad kitty if you do."

"Meow."

"I know, it is unfair, but we have lived together long enough to know the basic house rules, correct?"

Soleil sighed as the feline laid on top of the television, dangling it's legs just to further annoy her angel. It's four eyes glowed blue as it stared at Soleil challengingly, as if saying "what're you gonna do about it?" to her.