Chapter 31

Next day...

Author's POV:
It was a lively morning at Singhania's house as everyone gathered for breakfast. Suddenly, a girl with a suitcase made her entrance, captivating everyone's attention. She was dressed in a stunning black off-shoulder dress paired with sleek black high boots. Standing at around 5'6 "inches tall, she exuded an air of mystery.

As Riya went about serving food to Rishabh, the girl confidently took a seat right beside his chair.

With a bright smile, she greeted everyone with a cheerful "hello."

Rishabh's expression turned from surprise to shock as he stammered, "S-Shejal?" The atmosphere in the room was filled with anticipation as everyone wondered what would happen next.

In response to Rishabh's disbelief, the girl playfully replied, "Oh, baby, let's not get ahead of ourselves. We should enjoy our meal first, right?"

Rishabh's Nani couldn't resist teasing, saying, "Yes, yes, my dear, we know how you like to take it easy. Just find a spot and sit tight, I'll call the driver for you."

Shejal, undeterred, confidently retorted, "Nani, you must understand that I'm not lazy. I'm simply someone who, once I consider something mine, I hold on tight and never let go."

Rishabh, clearly affected by Shejal's unexpected arrival, abruptly stood up from his chair and made his way upstairs.

Sensing the urgency, Shejal exclaimed, "Oh, I'm coming, just wait!" However, Riya gently held her hand, urging her to stay seated.

With a caring tone, she said, "Shejal, please, you have to eat breakfast first. It's important."

The room was filled with a mix of curiosity, surprise, and a hint of tension as everyone wondered about the connection between Rishabh and Shejal. The morning had taken an unexpected turn, and no one could predict what would happen next.

Riya's face was filled with unmistakable jealousy, her expression clearly revealing her inner turmoil. It was evident from her actions that she was well aware of who Shejal was and why she seemed to have such a profound impact on Rishabh.

"Oh babe, wait, what are you doing here, Riya?" she asked, her voice tinged with a mix of surprise and frustration.

Nani interjected, "Well, she is Rishabh's wife, so naturally, she would be here, right?"

Shejal's reaction was one of utter shock, her eyes widening as she exclaimed, "What?"

Nani responded matter-of-factly, "Yeah, beta, can't you see?"

Sensing the tension, Rishabh's mom gently suggested, "Shejal beta, I think you should come with me." With a mixture of curiosity and concern, she led the way into her room, and Shejal followed closely behind.

Pratha's POV:
Garv is so caring,it's hard to believe that someone like him could be mine. I feel incredibly grateful to God for bringing him into my life. I don't even know how to thank Him enough.

This morning, around 5 a.m., when I started feeling better, Garv didn't waste a second. I told him I was fine and that he should leave because Papa and Maa could arrive at any moment. He didn't even hesitate and left right away. He understands the importance of family.

I was lost in my thoughts when my phone started ringing. I saw that it was from di, so I answered excitedly, saying hello.

She sounded serious and said, "Listen, Pratha..." I asked her what happened, curious and a bit worried. And then she dropped the bombshell that Archit broke off the engagement. I couldn't believe it and asked, "What?"

She explained that yesterday Archit called Papa and told him that he didn't want to marry me. He even chose another girl for himself. I was shocked and asked, "Because?" I wanted to know the reason behind his decision. Di said he simply didn't want to marry me.

I tried to stay calm and said, "Oh, okay."

Di asked if I was sad, but honestly, I'm not. I'm actually happy. It's just that I don't know how to tell her this. I don't want to hurt her feelings.

"No worries, di! I totally get what you're saying. I'm actually really happy for him too because finding true love is such an amazing thing, right? It's definitely great news! Thank you for your kind words. I'm not sad at all, I believe that everything happens for a reason." I said.

" Yeah, this is also a thing anyway. Don't be sad. I hope that you are going to get a better husband for yourself. " she said.

" I'm confident that I'll find an even better husband for myself in the future. Your support means a lot to me, di. So, how have things been going for you? Is anything exciting happening in your life?"
I asked her.

Pratha's POV:
When she told me that Maa and Papa were coming today, and there was a rishta from Banaras for me, my heart filled with joy. I knew deep down that it was Garv, the one who truly wanted to marry me. But I had to hide my excitement from di because if she found out, she wouldn't be able to keep it a secret. It was a mix of happiness and anticipation, and I couldn't wait to see what the future held.

Garv's POV:
As I packed my bags, I couldn't help but feel the weight of the decision I had to make. Something more important than the meeting was calling me, and time was slipping away. My heart ached at the thought of being without you, my jaan. I gazed at the picture I took of you when I first visited your house, and it brought back a flood of emotions. This is a difficult choice for me, but I promise I won't intentionally hurt you. However, I can't share the details with you because I know it would only bring you pain and hatred. But Pratha, I want you to know that I can't marry you. It's the truth. I love you with all my heart, and that love will endure even if I'm not by your side. You are a precious part of my life, and I never want to lose you. But I also understand that I can't possess you. These emotions are overwhelming, but I hope you can find it in your heart to understand.

_________________________________________

• Something big is about to unfold, revealing secrets from the past. What will happen next?

• Why does Garv refuse to marry Pratha?

•And who is the person behind the proposal for Pratha?

• Who is Shejal?

• Why has she returned?

• And if Riya knows about her, why does she still want to be with Rishabh?

_________________________________________

So yeah, hello, everyone! How's the chapter ? And yeah , don't forget to vote and make sure to write your opinions in the comments. Also, make sure to share this story with your Wattpad friends. Please vote for the chapter. ❤️

And yeah, follow my Instagram account too for spoilers of upcoming chapters... 💗✨

https://www.instagram.com/sparkle_heart_122?igsh=YWkyNmczM2RjM2Jr

See you soon...❤️
Bye...😸
_____________________________________