Back to bed, young lady

You had been feeling down both physically and mentally all day so you had decided to stay in your room after having finished your chores while the others played outside or ran errands.

Lying on your bed in the middle of the afternoon, you looked by the window, your hands on your stomach. You thought again and again about your Headmistress. She was so beautiful, you couldn't dream of anyone like her. She was caring, smart, funny and you just couldn't get tired of the expression of her authority. Your tummy fluttered at the thought of Alma Peregrine, even though you knew it was simply impossible for something to happen.

You put a hand over your forehead, feeling that heavy buzzing inside your skull, like a hammer falling and resonating. You closed your eyes and frowned at the headache.

You heard a knock on the door.
"Come in." You said, as you sat up on the bed.

You saw the Ymbryne open the wooden door and step inside carefully, the obvious consequence of this sight being butterflies erupting. You looked at her, waiting for her to say why she came in here.

"Are you alright?" She asked with a gentle voice. "I didn't see you much outside today."

Your heart heated up at Miss Peregrine's care and attention for you.

"I didn't feel so well." You said with heavy eyes.

She walked over in her usual quick pace and sat next to you. She placed one hand on your forehead and frowned.

"You're pretty warm."

Your eyelids were so heavy you closed your eyes and the next second you felt a hand on your back and another on your shoulder pushing you slowly to lay you down.

The butterflies transformed into a wild and young volcano pushing lava out of its core, letting the heat run down your body.

You soon took comfort in the darkness and fell asleep.

You woke up with a blanket over you, feeling better and looked at the clock. You had slept all afternoon and it was dinnertime. You got up and started for the door when it opened.

"You should rest." Alma said, carrying a tray of food. She made you sit back on the sheets and gave you your dinner.

You politely thanked her and she moved the pillows and blankets around to make you feel comfortable.

"You don't have to do that." You said.

"I'm here to care for you, just let me."

"I'm fine, I promise, I'm already feeling better."

"Is that so?" She checked your temperature, seeing it was still hot, she sent you a look and indicated you to eat and go back to sleep.

"You're stuck in bed until I say so." She said, standing up.

You picked your silverware and started on the food as she went back to the other children. She was right, you were quite sick. The effort of having stood up for a moment made your head dizzy and you lay down again every few minutes between spoonfuls of mashed potatoes. The meal was extremely comforting and you took the tray and dishes down to the kitchen.

You put them in the sink as Alma said "What are you doing up ?!" with a tone of reproach. You felt her coming at you with a glare so you slid outside and ran upstairs. She chased you and said, as you ran into your bedroom guiltily and she came in the doorway : "Back to bed, young lady ! You haven't fully recovered and until then you are under my command."

You collapsed on the bed and looked at the ceiling with the same heavy headache, but you giggled.

The woman approached and grabbed the blanket to put it over you. You cuddled up underneath it and stared at her. She met your eyes and smiled.

"Darling you're making it very difficult to take care of you."

You took a fake and exaggerated baby face and said : "Sorry..."

Miss Peregrine rolled her eyes and huffed. She then immediately let out a genuine smile and placed her hand on your cheek. "Now sleep sweetie."

You felt these same butterflies as ever at the nickname and the soft voice of the bird woman.

She finally went away to let you rest but before you closed your eyes as she went to the door, you noticed your closet was slightly open. Your brain wouldn't ever be able to sleep now if it stayed that way. Miss Peregrine closed the door behind her, you heard her heels trail off in the hallway and you got out of bed to go and close the door of the closet.

When you'd reached it and placed it the way you wanted, you stood there for a second, turned around towards your bed but the woman who had just left hurried inside, bursting the door open.

"I can't believe you !"

You jumped back where you were supposed to be, bouncing on the mattress, looking up.

"If you need something, anything, just ask me ! Don't go and waste your energy !" She claimed with a slight amusement.

"I wasn't going to ask you to close my fucking closet !" You retorted, a bit amused by the absurdity, as you propped on your elbows.

"Watch your tongue, miss y/l/n !"

You smirked to yourself. She sat on the edge of the bed, placed a kiss on your forehead and left, leaving you to smile and rot in your happy butterflies.