Gen Z ymbryne in Florida

HAPPENING AT THE BEGINNING OF A MAP OF DAYS, WARNING SPOILERS

You (Y/n) are a young ymbryne, born in the present time, who helped in the Library of Souls during the Battle of Devil's Acre. You therefore got close to Miss P's children, as well as Alma herself. Jacob and Miss P invited you to stay with them in Jake's house, Needle Key, Florida.

On the first night, you felt a bit out of place as they all reunited with Jake. You ate your pizza and gazed around the room, listening to Miss Peregrine scolding Millard and Horace about food and clothes.

You laughed with everybody, even though feeling weird about the whole thing, and recounted the travels you had joined the children in.

When the headmistress suggested taking normalling lessons, you certainly hoped she would allow you to participate in the teaching with Jake. You knew he would be terrible at it. Also, you were older than him.

Jake tried and found everybody a place to sleep. You were barely an adult, even less an ymbryne, yet you still weren't paired with any of the children as they all had their physical age and gender buddy.

Jake announced that either you slept on the floor in his parents' room with Bronwyn and Emma, or, as Miss P proposed, with her in one of the guest rooms that had a second bed for you. Great, now you were stuck having to live with the great wise and authoritarian Bird. As if you didn't have enough anxiety as it was. Although you loved her as much as the children, of course.
You would, however, be sleeping alone for that night since she flew out to keep watch.

You settled your bag on one of the twin beds, Miss P's on the other and took a look around the room. It was immaculate, and would probably have to stay that way if you didn't want to bring down the woman's wrath. There were two nightstands, a desk, a wardrobe, a chest of drawers and a folded screen in the corner, everything white and minimalist, everything you hated.

You snooped through the furniture like the first night in a hotel, then rummaged through your bag and took out your phone and headphones.

"Oh have I missed you." You mumbled to yourself, turning them on.

During your time in Devil's Acre, you had had not only the impossibility of using technology, but also no time to rest. Times were rough and as a young ymbryne, you were about to enter Miss Avocet's training.
Really, you were lucky and very grateful for the opportunity Miss Peregrine had given you.

You sat on your bed, the one by the window, and stared outside with the modern music you had missed so much in your ears. It felt like the movies.

You were lost somewhere between the near future and imagining grimbears drinking a mojito when Miss Peregrine entered the room. You didn't hear her until she started fumbling for her things in her bag, so you quickly discarded your headphones and realised it was past 2am.

"Not sleeping ?" She asked, looking up from her bag. You shook your head. In answer she said : "You should try." And she started searching again.

You felt like she was not as severe about your sleeping schedule as she was for her wards because you were an ymbryne and ymbrynes don't need as much sleep.

"Ah. There it is." She took out a book and walked around her bed towards you. She handed it to you, so you silently took it and took a look at the cover.

The Peculiar Guide For Ymbrynes In Training, written by Esmerelda Avocet.

She must be kidding ? You thought. As you looked up at the woman, you saw she was deadly serious, so you smiled and thanked her politely, opening at random pages.