Chapter Six

As the day went on the four of them proceeded to get drunker. But Morgan decided to not drink much due to his goal of not getting that drunk, and he was sticking to it. Lauren and Thomas were in their own world by the lake just talking and Laney was laid out in the beach chair taking a small nap.

"Baby," Morgan whispered.

"Mhm yeah," she fluttered her eyes open, "Sorry".

"Good morning," he laughed, "How was your nap?".

"It was good. I'm tired. Where's Lauren and Thomas?" she asked looking at the chair next to her and at the pool.

Morgan sat down next to her playing with her hair, "Look at the lake".

And there they were, Thomas had dragged Lauren into the water and the two were laughing their asses off as they got out and sat on the edge of the dock just talking. "They are so nice," Laney said.

"Are you drunk still?" he asked.

"Mhm no, and I don't want to be," she added.

"Daytime nap?"

She nodded as the two walked hand in hand towards the bedroom. He kissed her as she shut the door and one thing began to lead to another.

"Those tan lines are hot," he whispered.

"Shut up," she said kissing him.

Sex after a day at the pool and being in that sleepy state of mind just hit. The two could feel that difference too as it just felt more intense.

"Babe you got more color," Laney pointed out as they laid in bed.

"I'm so pale still. Come here," he said as he opened his arms for her to be cuddled up in.

She gladly accepted as she plopped herself in and their bodies molded perfectly together.

He loved the way she so easily just connected with him in every possible way.

"I love you," she smiled as she deepened their kiss.

He pulled her bikini to the side and slipped in making her legs shake. She was tight and Morgan could feel it by the way she was gripped to him.

With every single movement he made, she moaned in response gripping the sheets. To him, she looked like an angel.

"I don't think I'm going to last long," he whispered.

She looked up at him and smiled, "That's okay".

And with that he caved, making them both finish and lay down.

"I love you too," he panted pulling her in.

When she woke up, she heard the front door shut but Morgan was still next to her.

"Babe wake up," she said.

He yawned, "What?".

"The front door just closed," she whispered scooting closer to him.

He shot up and went to the closet and came out with a gun. Laney didn't know he had one but she wasn't surprised. He went out to the front door and walked back yawning, "Thomas and Lauren".

She smacked her hand on her forehead, of course she would forget. She was wide awake now but it was the next day, the two had slept until the morning. Laney looked at the clock to see she had missed work.

But she didn't really mind considering how happy she was. Quitting her job might honestly be an option for her if it included being near Morgan all the time. She called out but she made sure to tell Ana to call her later.

Morgan had snuggled his way back into bed and Laney couldn't sleep. It was a tough decision to think about. She was probably just drunk on love.

She crawled out of bed and grabbed one of his shirts from the closet floor to put on. It was her turn to make breakfast. She began to properly make breakfast unlike Morgan and got lost in thought.

She wasn't going to wake him up so she left breakfast on the counter. Grabbing her Crocs, a canvas, and the rest of her painting supplies she went to the dock to sit by the lake.

The sun was coming out but so was the fog and so she proceeded to paint. She heard some footsteps and immediately turned around to see Morgan, "Good morning baby".

"Mornin Laney Girl, I missed you," he wrapped his arms around her and gave her a kiss.

"Did you eat?" she asked.

"Ain't it crazy how Martha Stewart couldn't help me?" he asked making her chuckle in response.

"Leave the cooking to me," she said.

There was a slight pause before his mood changed, "I'm going to miss you when I'm on tour".

Her mood and tone changed too as she picked up the paintbrush to keep painting,  "I'll miss you too... I want to come but I like my job".

He stood there for a second before speaking, "Why don't you work for me?".

"No-"

"Hear me out. Event coordinate my shows... like seeing the staff is all there or something," he said.

"It's not that simple, that's a different realm of coordinating that we don't really manage," she added, "But I wish it was that simple".

"Just quit"

"No"

"Can you work remotely?"

She hadn't thought about that but Eleanor would be upset. She would loose her job instantly and time zones would make it impractical.

"Morgan then I would have to quit," she sighed, "Just drop it".

"Ok ok not every week but work remotely for a week out of the month so I can see you. Just think about it," he kissed her cheek and spun her in a circle getting paint on his own shirt, "Motherfucker".

"You did it to yourself," she shrugged, "Let's go back in. This needs to dry and I'll finish it some other time. Will you put it in the studio while it dries?".

He nodded lifting it off her hands as she carried the painting equipment.

The two chattered about the weather and the painting as well as their plans for the day. As Morgan departed for her art room and the shower, Laney drafted her pitch for working remotely to Eleanor and sent it. She wasn't sure if it would work but it was just a shot in the dark.