Chapter Twenty Nine

Tomorrow came quicker than anticipated. Morgan was walking around the house to make sure there was no signs of weed in the house, and put everything in a stash box. Laney was just sitting in the studio painting away. She didn't know what to paint this time but she woke up early and had the desire to paint. 

She was painting a Cape Cod house with the harbor next to it unintentionally. It reminded her of a summer vacation her family went on when she was eight years old. Her dad had rented a speedboat for Pen and her to go tubing in the choppy waters. Her mom had packed some subs from the deli for the-

"They're forty out," Morgan came into Laney's room to alert her, snapping her out of her thoughts and out of her painting.

She nodded taking a moment to observe him, his messy hair, sweaty shirt clinging to his body, and piercing eyes. "You should go shower," she pointed out to him as she got up and put the paint brush down and put the easel near the window for the canvas to dry faster.

"That's a nice painting Laney girl... you need a shower too," Morgan grinned taking in her paint stained sweatpants that he had once ruined and the paint in her hair.

She turned a little red out of embarrassment, "Thanks it's inspired by the Cape Cod house. You can go shower first," and looked around the room to make sure the paint bottles were closed before taking her smock off.

"I feel like it'd be better if we saved water," he cheekily grinned making her roll her eyes and laugh.

"Alright alright," she chuckled while she walked out of the painting room and began making her way to their bedroom.

"What? Do I disgust you that much?" he teasingly asked as they made their way into the bathroom.

"Babe stop you know that's not true," she said as she began stripping her clothes off, "Jack wants me to paint something for his apartment, what should I paint?".

She took her necklace off that Morgan gave her and placed it on the counter. Not a single day passed by where she wondered what to get him as a late anniversary gift at this point. It was embarrassing but he had everything. She thought about painting him something but she had already done that enough.

"Anything you'll paint always turns out beautiful. Maybe football stadium or some whiskey glasses... speaking of beautiful," he pulled her into his naked body by her waist in front of their mirror.

She blushed looking down, "Stop it".

Using his free hand he gently made Laney look into the mirror and pointed her chin upward, "No look at how beautiful you are".

She smiled and continued to blush before spinning around to face him, "We need to shower".

"There's still time doll," he whispered as he nibbled her ear.

But she wasn't feeling it, the pressure of everyone coming over was killing her.

"I'm too stressed come on," she gently pulled away from him as she turned on the shower water.

Morgan groaned in dissatisfaction and complied, grabbing soap and lathering her up, "Life isn't fair".

The two showered and dressed up for Josh, Katie, and Indy. Laney put on a sweater and some leggings while Morgan put on a pullover and some sweats saying it was so he could run around with Indy.

A knock was heard from the front door and the two looked at each other before both heading over. Laney brought the cookies she had made to the door and Morgan opened the door to reveal the group.

She had never seen Josh before but he was a downgrade. He looked messy with his disheveled brown hair, wrinkly plaid red shirt, and baggy blue jeans. On the other hand, Katie had slapped the whole Sephora store on her face with a red blouse and jeans. The pair had dressed Indy up in a little blue jumper making Laney smile.