Chapter Twenty Five

Laney leaped into his arms once she saw him and he stumbled back a little but held her close.

"Did you like the surprise?"

"LOVE, thank you for bringing my family out... and Mia. But that was more of a surprise for Bean," she grinned making Bean mutter a "shut up".

"I told Bean to only give you wine for the night so you wouldn't be drunk when I brought you up," he smiled making Laney flush in embarrassment. But she was extremely grateful for that. She would have actually cried when she sobered up if that were the case.

"Y'all ready to go?" Bean asked the pair.

Morgan nodded as he held Laney's hand and sat in the cart that would take them to the parking lot.

"What did ya think tonight Bean?" Morgan asked.

"You killed it per usual man... Laney also killed it... or should I say her?".

Laney didn't want Morgan to know and she gave Bean a look through the mirror, who now wish he could have taken it back. It was more out of respect she didn't want him to know rather than out of being secretive.

"What?" Morgan turned to Laney.

Laney was quite literally drunk on love from the whole night and felt like she was on a high, so luckily letting him know didn't feel like that big of a deal. Bean gave Morgan the debrief of the night while Laney added some specific details when needed and Morgan's jaw nearly dropped at the end of it.

"She needs some help," Morgan said as the three of them pulled up to the car and switched from cart to car.

"Hey you have a break-" Laney began but Morgan's phone cut her off. The irritating ringing noise was soon silenced by Morgan irritatedly picking it up, "Hello?".

His eyes widened as he put in on speaker and a familiar voice began to come through his phone for Laney and Bean to hear, "Your girlfriend is a bitch. Are you planning on marrying her?".

Silence filled the car: Laney was waiting for an answer, Morgan and Bean were baffled.

".. Why? What do you want Katie?".

"She had to the nerve to bring up our engagement. Stop messing around with little girls... Anyways, your son is in town if you want to meet him".

Morgan's color left his face as he stuttered not even knowing what to say, "W-what?".

"Yeah do you want to meet him?"

"Yeah"

"Meet me at the hotel room I just sent you the address," Katie said before hanging up.

Laney peered over his shoulder in silence, she didn't know what the appropriate feeling to have was, let alone how she was feeling about it. Katie didn't once mention his son being in town. She didn't have to tell Laney given the nature of their relationship but it was strange.

Morgan gave Bean the address and the ETA on the car screen became five minutes. Morgan peered over at Laney, "Are you cool with this?" and Laney just nodded with a half-smile. Morgan began looking in his phone camera to fix his appearance and wipe his sweat with a washcloth that was just kept in the car. He sprayed some cologne before looking at Laney, "How do I look?".

Before Laney could answer, a Red Roof Inn was in viewpoint and Morgan and Laney both saw Katie with the kid in the distance. As they got closer, Laney could see the resemblance of Morgan in the kid a little. He was small with Morgan's color hair and had on a small little Wallen hat that the team sold at the venue. Morgan's eyes lit up, as soon as they parked, he got out and shut the door before Laney could even get out and immediately went to hug the kid.