Chapter Twenty Four

Standing in the VIP, she watched the opening act with Bean and waved to some fans who were over-enthusiastic about Laney even looking in their general direction. And then, in came Katie squirmed her way into VIP with someone who appeared to be her friend. Laney and Bean gave each other a look as they just acknowledged her presence.

Laney sipped the white wine that Bean insisted on her having tonight because it was "a specialty" Morgan wanted her to have but it tasted exactly like the one she had at home.

"I can't believe he writes songs about you still, he's obsessed," Katie's snobby friend giggled at Katie.

Laney stifled her laughter as she walked away grabbing the attention of some fans who began to call her name. Laney looked at Bean for approval before heading down with him to greet them.

She walked to the railing towards some college girls who began to fawn over her, "Hi guys! Are you enjoying the opening so far?".

They squealed nodding and beginning to compliment Laney's outfit.

"Oh my god congratulations on the engagement," one of them screamed as Laney turned red feeling Katie's gaze burning into the back of her head.

"Oh no no it's our one year," she loudly stated.

Bean took some pictures for the fans with Laney before proceeding to motion Laney back into VIP. As she made her way up the stairs Katie stood in her path, "Engagement huh? Pretty soon!" she said overly friendly.

Laney gave back the same exact tone to her and her friend, "Not an engagement but I guess time doesn't matter considering yours ended," shrugging.

Laney was going to walk away but Katie's pest began to speak, "Well he wrote about her".

Laney chuckled as Katie began to retreat slowly, "He has written about me too. It's normal".

Katie turned red in defeat, "Whatever" and walked to the opposite end of the section.

Bean stuck his hand up which Laney high-fived. Only 30 more minutes. Laney felt a tap on her shoulder and was ready to hit Katie at this point, she couldn't get a break. Turning around she was met with a familiar group of people, her family, and Mia.

"Who is playing tonight?" her mom joked.

Laney hugged Pen, Mia, and her mom who immediately hugged her back.

"What are you guys doing here?" she beamed.

"Morgan invited us out on his plane," Pen shrugged flaunting.

"He was quite a gentleman. We just spoke with him," her mom smiled.

Laneys heart was fluttering at the kind gesture. She didn't see this coming in a million years.

"Bean couldn't resist," Mia purposefully grinned making him chuckle, but he couldn't turn around due to his work.

"I'm so glad you're here. Look at this necklace he got me. It's our one year anniversary!" Laney exclaimed.

They all awed over it as Pen chipped in, "What did you get him?".

"I forgot. Any suggestions?"

Although the pair never got along, Laney knew Penny was incredible at gift-giving which was a flaw that Laney had. In fact, Laney once made Penny cry by giving her a gift card when she had turned 21. It was something that was never forgotten in her lifetime.

Pen nodded and began to send links to Laney's phone.
The two decided on Laney scheduling horseback riding at one of the tour stops at some point. And Mia beamed at the sight of her best friend gleaming from her happiness, "I'm so happy for you. Who would've thought?".