Chapter 5: The Move (Part 1)

As I sit on the couch watching Pinocchio I keep hearing a voice in my head.
"You're not good enough Nicholas, leave. NOW!" The voice sounded like my dad. Did he really mean it when he said sorry or was he lying? I still want an answer, no one has answered my question but my mom, which was not that helpful.
    As I get up to get sparkling water, I knock down every box that we packed when I hear, "NICHOLAS! THIS IS WHY YOUR A-" My brother doesn't continue.
    "I'm a what?" I say. He says nevermind.
I help get all the boxes into the moving van and I see my room light turned off.
"Goodbye." I hop into the car as we head to the airport. Julia shows me something; it's a gorilla dressed in a banana costume while eating a banana. I laugh.
As we arrive my dad says, "Alright! Everyone has their tickets?" I check my pockets and my backpack. "It's not here." I say.
"What do you mean, 'it's not here'?" my dad says. "I mean I must have accidentally packed it in one of the boxes in the van!"
As we try to find a way to get on the plane, I look at my watch. The plane leaves in 20 minutes. My mom tells the people what happened and luckily my dad was friends with one of the workers so we got an extra ticket for eighty bucks.
We get onto the plane and I look outside the window. "Bye. I'll miss you." As I think about moving to a new school, I think about my new teacher, what will she be like?
Suddenly, when I look outside I see us tilting. Then the pilot comes on.
"We are experiencing a lot of turbulence from another plane that almost hit us. You guys will be redirected to LAX." The pilot says. LAX!?!?!?
"Everything is going to be fine, they just emailed me all the information and we will get on another flight right after." My mom said, "and we will be there in no time!"
As we get off the plane, I look again at Brayden and my dad talking. They have been talking secretly. I walk up to see what they are talking about. I hide behind a wall.
"I'm sorry, but I love her even more! I'm going to reveal it soon, but in a couple of weeks, maybe in a couple of years. I think in 3 years." Brayden nodded. "So who is it?"
    "Her name...is...Gloria Guabasino. And I 've loved her all my life and-" I hear a voice. It's mom. "Nicholas! Can you come? I need to tell you something." I ran up to mom.
"I'm thinking that..." All I hear is blah, blah, blah. I think about dad. I searched up Gloria Guabasino. Apparently she is a lawyer and says, "Need Guacamole!? I will FIGHT for you to get you some." That's not a good catchphrase anyway, then, I go to past friends. "MOM!?" I shout out. Mom is her ex best, best, best, best, best friend!
"Uh...mom, do you know Gloria Guabasino?" I ask.
"Um....no...I uh...how do you..uh." She says.
"I know mom. Dad, is uhm...he's..." I stop to think about what I'm going to say next. "Dad and I want to have some burgers for tonight, do you think we can?" I say.
"Uhm..sure buddy, we can, maybe." She answers. After that, my mom gets a text. "NOAH! BRAYDEN!" My mom yells. "We have to go to get on the plane right now."
As we get on the plane, Brayden and dad, or Noah, I don't want to call him dad at the moment, start talking again. I listen again, or try too, when mom pulls me back because apparently I was "spying" on people. But I still heard without looking.
"Look Brayden, I'm planning on having a little baby boy when Gloria and I get married." My dad says. MARRIED!? It's like he read my mind. "Yeah, married, I don't care about your mom anymore, she's dead to me now." Brayden answers, "Oh, ok. I did not think it would go that far but..I guess I'm fine with it." YOU GUESS!? What does my brother think he is doing!? I look at mom smiling and having a good time. Then, dad sees me, at least I think he does, and even though I'm not looking, I stop listening to them.
"Attention all passengers, we are now currently taking off and will arrive in Arizona in less than two hours!" the pilot says.
I search up Stadburt Elementary School. I look at the school and I get worried. I get scared that I'll have no friends!
I look at my mom texting someone. Then she calls them.
"Hi! Yes! So I am enrolling my son in Ms. Florida's class. Is there any chance I can quickly talk to her?" The man says yes. As I listen, I hear a lot of great things about my new class, but one bad thing is I'm the only one who will be sensitive.
"Hello! I'm Ms. Florida! I'm so excited to have Nicholas in my class this year! You know what they say, sensitive people are the people who care and change the world to be a better place!" I can just imagine her smiling while doing that.
I go back to the website and I go to the staff. I see my teacher. Her first name is Gloria, middle name, Florida, and last name Guabasino. Should I do something? My mom does not seem to recognize her voice. Now this is the problem.