Chapter 11: The Separation

We get ready to leave for the courtroom and I run upstairs to get Julia. Mom gets in the car and we head there.
    When we walk into the courtroom, we see Gloria, Brayden, and Noah. Gloria and Noah kiss. Then I see the judge.
"Okay, let's get this over with. What's the problem now?" Judge Bar says.
I whisper to mom, "Have you been here before?" She nods.
"Uhm, Judge, we are getting divorced." Noah answered.
"FINALLY! YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN HERE THIRTY-FOUR TIMES! FINALLY!" Judge Bar says.
    When they get divorced, Brayden heads off with them, and I know that's the last time I'll see them. But then we get invited to Gloria and Noah's wedding.
    We head to the wedding and Mom, Julia, and I just destroy the cake before they touch it.
    We head back home and we sit down at the table. Nothing is the same now. Then I wonder, will mom get remarried?
    I head to school and I ask Jace, "How do you say potatoes in Spanish?"
He answers, "Why do you wanna know?" His answer felt like someone was pounding me in my heart, like my heart was in a boxing arena, and was being hit every five seconds. I don't know why it bothered me so much, but I felt like when you're sensitive, bad things happen. I don't know yet, but I know something is going on, and, let me tell you...it's not good.