SEVENTEEN

⚠️Graphic Scene

SOLEA

With practiced precision, Solea turned the doorknob, her movements deliberate and silent

With practiced precision, Solea turned the doorknob, her movements deliberate and silent. The soft click of the latch sliding free echoed in the stillness of the darkened house. She held her breath, hoping she didn't make too much noise.

Stepping through the threshold of her cozy studio apartment, the echoes of laughter and the faint scent of perfume lingering in her wake. It had been a night filled with joy, dancing.

A welcome reprieve from the mounting stress and heaviness that had settled over her in recent weeks.

As Solea closed the heavy wooden door of her apartment, she shut out the vibrant energy of Barcelona's streets below. The sounds of laughter and chatter from the bustling city faded into the distance, replaced by a serene stillness that enveloped her like a comforting embrace.

The weight of the world seemed to lift from her shoulders, if only for a moment, as she basked in the quiet solitude of her own space.

Glancing at the clock perched atop the sleek, dark-toned kitchen counter, Solea's eyes widened in surprise at the bright red digits glaring back at her: 3:30 AM. Time had slipped away from her amidst the laughter and revelry of the evening, and now the late hour pressed in around her like a heavy blanket.

With a swallow, Solea felt a pang of guilt wash over her. She hadn't realized just how late it had become until her lively companions bid their farewells and disappeared into the night, leaving her alone in the dimly lit apartment.

Taking a moment to survey her surroundings, Solea noted the stillness that enveloped the living room. The soft glow of streetlights filtered through the curtains, casting shadows across the room and bathing everything in a hazy twilight.

Drawing in a deep breath, Solea straightened her posture and squared her shoulders. Despite the late hour and the quiet that enveloped her, she felt a renewed sense of strength and resolve.

Navigating Emilio's unpredictable temper was like trying to navigate through a stormy sea, never knowing when the calm waters would turn turbulent. Despite their chance encounter at a local museum, Solea found herself caught in the whirlwind of emotions that Emilio's mood swings brought.

As she ascended the stairs to her bedroom, the weight of their tumultuous relationship/ situationship bore down on her shoulders, leaving her feeling uncertain and uneasy.

Each step felt like a journey into the unknown, unsure of what awaited her behind the closed door of her bedroom.

Entering the dimly lit room, Solea felt a sense of relief wash over her noticing the room pitch black and quiet— her guess is that he was sleep.