CHP 2

Bondita then pushed open the window of her hostel room and settled into a half-lying position on the bed beside it. A soft breeze drifted in through the window, brushing against her skin. Bondita closed her eyes, and some flashbacks started to appear in her mind.

It feels like just yesterday I was overflowing with happiness, basking in the glow of my budding relationship with Shoury. He was my senior, my confidant, my everything. He listened to my every word, endeavored to keep a smile on my face, and fulfilled my every wish. Everything seemed to be sailing smoothly in our newfound love until, abruptly, he began to ignore me. The following day, when I mustered the courage to confront him, his words pierced through me like a dagger. He confessed that our entire relationship had been nothing but a charade, a facade of love. He had been pretending to love me all these days, it was all a drama, he said I had hurt his ego so he hurt my feelings, hearing this shattered me. The weight of his betrayal crushed me, tears streaming down my face as disbelief consumed me. It was as if the ground beneath my feet had vanished, leaving me to spiral into a vortex of despair.

When I asked him about his ego, when did I hurt your ego? He told me, don't you remember? Remember when you were in school and you came for the kho-kho game from your school in Kolkata, I was also there, and when I tried to talk to your bestie, you slapped me right there in front of everyone, I was humiliated in front of everyone. Went to another city to play and got slapped by a girl, this was the most humiliating experience for me. So, I decided I'll take revenge on you, so there, I took revenge, you hurt my ego, I hurt your feelings, I broke your heart. Gave you so much love and then erased everything in one go, hahahaha.

That day, my belief in the very concept of trust was shattered into a million pieces. I had invested my heart and soul into him, placing my unwavering trust in his words and actions, only to have him mercilessly crush it all in an instant. What a theatrical person he is; he truly deserves an award for the best actor. The joy he brought into my life was unparalleled, but in a single cruel stroke, he replaced it with unimaginable pain.

How he used to hang onto my every word, showering me with care and affection – it was all just an elaborate facade. That day, the foundation of my faith in the word "trust" itself was shaken to its core. No matter what trials and tribulations I may face in the future, I vowed never to place my trust in another soul again.

I should have never allowed myself to become entangled in his web of deceit. Why did I let myself fall for him? Why did I accept his proposal and venture into a relationship with him? I was content in my own world, basking in my one-sided love for Mr. Raisinghaniya.

I'm truly unlucky when it comes to love. The first time I fell in love, I couldn't even confess it, he left the city, and when he returned, he was already married. Yet, my love for him didn't diminish. And when I dared to open my heart to Shoury, despite my reservations, he initially seemed like a beacon of hope amidst the darkness. Yet, in the end, he too revealed his true colors, leaving me broken and disillusioned.

Now, I harbor no feelings for anyone, nor do I have any desire to place my trust in another soul. let the world go to hell, let everyone and everything go to hell. As for that black hoodie person, what do I care? Let him fade into obscurity along with all the rest.

As I was lost in my thoughts, contemplating everything, my phone suddenly buzzed, and I hastily checked the notification. It was a message in my math class group. With a sense of urgency, I opened WhatsApp and read the message. It was from Anirudh sir, and what I saw left me in utter disbelief: "there will be class tomorrow". My initial reaction was pure shock! How could there possibly be a class tomorrow? The bus strike is in full swing, how will people coming from far away attend? Well, I also have something to tell you all about Anirudh sir, actually, a lot, but we'll start from the next chapter. For now, I'm just going to sleep.