CHP 14

I had left the university and was on my way to the hostel. My friend Priya left me alone, so I had to go alone. Just then, a car stopped in front of me. When I looked at the driver, it was Anirudh sir. He said to me, "main drop kar du tumhe ghar tak?"

I replied, "nahi sir ham chale jayenge aap rahne dijiye"

Anirudh sir insisted, saying, "baitho na kabhi meri baat ek baar me nahi sunti"

I said, "lekin hame ghar nahi hostel jana hai"

Anirudh: kahan hai tumhara hostel

Bondita: xyz road par

Anirudh: okay baitho

I nodded and took the passenger seat in the car. Anirudh sir glanced at me once, smiled, then focused ahead, starting the car and playing the song "Tera Fitoor" from the movie Genius.

As I peered through the window, I was captivated by the enchanting sight before me. The weather was sublime, with a delicate breeze whispering through the air. Anirudh sir drove with a gentle rhythm, perfectly complementing the serene atmosphere.

The music filled the car, infusing every moment with a sense of magic and wonder. Overwhelmed by the beauty of the moment, I hastily captured a snapshot of the breathtaking view, sharing it with my bestie Prisha on Snapchat. I didn't want to miss capturing that moment, so I locked my phone afterward.

After a brief pause, Anirudh sir halted the car. I turned to him, questioning, "kya hua aapne car kyun rok di"

Anirudh sir replied, "tumhara hostel aa gaya" Then, locking eyes with me directly and with a hint of intensity in his eyes, he asked, "kyun kya mere sath car me baithe rahne ka man hai hostel nahi jana, tum kaho to long drive pe chale"

My heart raced as I stumbled over my words, "na...nahi vo matlab nahi tha hamara vo bas aapne achanak car rok di to..." With that, I hastily opened the car door and stepped out, eager to distance myself from the awkward situation.

Anirudh sir also exited the car and remarked, "tumhara hostel to itne jaldi aa gaya ek song bhi poora nahi hua mene poori Playlist bana ke rakhi thi"

I retorted sarcastically, "sir abhi exam pe dhyaan de aap to jyada behtar hoga aur vese bhi aap car se aaye isliye aapko laga ki bahut jaldi aa gaye hame 2 km roj chalke aana jana padta hai" With that, I entered the hostel premises.

As I walked ahead, lost in my thoughts, a friend from the hostel approached me, asking, "kya hua Bondita ye andar hi andar muskura kyun rahi"

I replied, "ham...ham kahan muskura rahe"

Ham muskura rahe the aur hame hi nahi pata lekin ham kyun muskura rahe the???

_

Bondita is standing on a large wooden platform, facing two tall shelves filled with heavy books. As she carefully arranges the books on one of the shelves, suddenly, the balance of the shelf is disrupted, and it begins to tilt, causing the heavy books to slide towards Bondita. Startled, she closes her eyes in fear.

After a moment, Bondita hears someone's voice saying, "ek kaam theek se nahi hota is ladki se, kuch kaam ki nahi ye"

Opening her eyes, she realizes she's lying on the platform, with the books scattered around her.

Then, she hears another voice saying, "ye unka kaam hai ya aapka kaam hai?"

Quickly turning towards the source of the voice, she sees the same black hoodie person conversing with an elderly man nearby. Determined, she thinks to herself, "aaj to ham iska chehra dekhke rahenge" and swiftly gets up from the platform, approaching the person in the black hoodie.