11 | dominance

WORD COUNT: 3220

×××

AS THE ORANGE glow of morning streamed into the bedroom, Coriolanus stirred awake. With the cloud of fatigue slipping away, he was quick to realise he was not alone in his bed from the warm body pressed against his, initially thinking it was one of his many hook-ups. But as his groggy eyes took in the dark locks sprawled across his firm chest and the even breathing of a ghostly body, the events of the prior night came crashing down on him.

The woman who had firmly told him not to touch her was now sleeping atop his chest, his own arms wrapped around her tightly, their bodies having seemingly sought each other out during sleep.

Coriolanus could feel the instant pounding of his heart the moment he realised it was Kyra's body resting against his own. Something he tried to get control over quickly in hopes it wouldn't awake the peaceful woman just yet. He couldn't deny how much he enjoyed the weight of her warm body atop his chest, the softness of her hair as it spilled over his body, the steady breathing from her gentle expression. For a moment, he could pretend that she was his, lovers that had spent the night amongst intimate passion, and not the rivals they desperately claimed to be. For a moment, he held onto this.

Until Kyra started to shift, awakening from her slumber. As her eyes fluttered open, she was met with Coriolanus watching her with the most tender blue eyes she had ever seen from him. Though, she could not be certain if she had really seen it at all or if the sight had been a mix of dream and reality because, as she blinked her fatigue away, the next time she had a proper look at him, his expression had returned to its usual cold stoicism.

"Good morning..." Kyra yawned, letting her head flop back onto the strangely hard pillow it had been resting on. Before realising it was, in fact, not a pillow at all.

When she realised that she was practically cuddling him, Kyra could not have pulled back quicker, awake in an instant as she put some space between them once again, and tensely apologised, "Sorry... I didn't mean to hog the bed."

Snapped from the tranquil trance and back to their usual game again, Coriolanus forced a teasing smirk as he cleared his throat and replied coolly, "Not just the bed, you were hogging the covers all night. I barely got any sleep, especially with you crushing me."

Kyra's tension eased as Coriolanus resorted to insulting her, something she was much more used to. And something she could focus on to distract herself from the fact that she had spent her first night in Sejanus's bed without him.

"You should have taken them back if you were cold. Not my problem." Kyra dismissed playfully, sitting up and stretching.

"I was hoping you'd be considerate enough to share since I graciously offered to share my bed with you," Coriolanus fired back, continuing their game, "It appears I was mistaken. I shouldn't have expected so much from you."

"Oh, darling," Kyra addressed condescendingly, "I'm an only child. I don't share."

With a playful grin, she yanked the covers completely off of him onto herself...

...Exposing the bump in his maroon pyjama pants. The very noticeable sign of morning wood.

Coriolanus seemed just as surprised as Kyra at the sight, heat rising in his stomach as the hard-to-humiliate man tensed and the tips of his ears turned red. Kyra, on the other hand, was unsure how to react. Flattered? Aroused? Playful?