19 | relinquished hearts

WORD COUNT: 2223

×××

EARLY MORNING SUNLIGHT streamed through the half-cracked window, illuminating the pair of  serene lovers tangled together under silk, crimson sheets. The first to stir awake was Kyra, her dark curls sprawled across half the bed, as her head rested atop Coriolanus's bare chest. As the cloud of fatigue lifted from her dazed mind, quickly reminded through her aching body their night of passion, Kyra recalled another morning they had awoken in this position. Only, this time, she did not panic at the sensation of Coriolanus's tight hold around her, as he slept peacefully on Sejanus's side of the bed.

But it did not belong to Sejanus. Not anymore. And neither did she.

Kyra Tanwen unequivocally belonged to Coriolanus Snow.

If two weeks ago someone had told her how being partnered with her rival would turn out, Kyra would have laughed in their face, and likely slapped them for insinuating something so offensive. And yet now, she couldn't be happier with his arms wrapped around her bare body, able to admire his tranquil beauty as the warm rays of the sun glowed upon his blond curls.

As if sensing her gaze upon him, Coriolanus's watercolour eyes gently fluttered open, met with the sight of Kyra's warm smile.

"Mhm, good morning, Tanwen." Coriolanus greeted in a voice hoarse with sleep, his own lips curving in response to her infectious adoration.

"Good morning, Snow." Kyra's gentle smile widened, folding her arms over his chest and resting her chin atop them, unable to tear her eyes away from the man she allowed herself to love.

A deep chuckle rose up Coriolanus's throat, prompting a giggle from Kyra, amused by the unpredictable turn of events the rivals had found themselves in, and still carried from the high of their relinquished hearts. Naturally, the frustrating man beneath her immediately resorted to arrogant teasing, "So, was last night enough for you to forgive me?"

"Hm, I actually have one more condition. If you wish to be forgiven."

"Oh, was three orgasms not enough for you, my love?" Coriolanus fired back confidently, the hand on her hip drifting down mischievously, and causing Kyra to ruffle his curls in retaliation.

"Careful! I will shove you out of this bed!" Kyra threatened playfully, narrowing her eyes with the same fierceness he had seen from her time and time again.

"Oh, I know, you've done it before." Coriolanus chuckled, before his expression melted into earnestness, "What do you want? You already know I'd give you anything."

"Well, I want everything." Kyra commented with a smirk, before leaning her face closer to Coriolanus's and whispering, "But you can start by being mine."

"Kyra... I've been yours since the mo... since the moment our hands danced across your piano together. And perhaps even before." Coriolanus whispered back breathless, a weight to his words and a heaviness to his hooded gaze, before meeting her lips as if unable to hold himself back a second longer.

As their lips danced together, confident and practised and totally sure of each other now, Coriolanus gently urged Kyra onto her back, propping himself up over her as they fed on each other's poison.