- 𝟏 -

{Jimin's Letter}

Parenting is not for experience. It is not for play. And it's definitely not for projecting self loathe, by using a child, hell! your child as a man-made conglomerated mirror for lone malice.

It is not the child's fault that they are breathing. It is not the child's fault that they are developing their own opinions. It is not the child's fault that they are maturing. It's yours.

The Parent.

You are supposed to nurture your child in all aspects. In educational, mental, physical, emotional, social, financial, spiritual, and environmental health. There are many more but  they are all molded into one and it is so important to not neglect them.

Providing food and a roof over your child's head is not the only thing you need to provide. All health is a necessity. You are put in your body to let the Earth roam you, not to roam the Earth.

Your mirror starts with your parents. Your reflection starts with you. But it all depends on one thing.

Who's going to shatter it first?

My mother, my dear, dear Mother. She was a believer. She had faith; she was spiritual. I unlike her, would not call her a Christian. She wasn't so "Christian-like."

But I can say she was inspiring, still is.

She did mold me into an extinct version of what she wanted however, she didn't mold me.

Confused?

Let me explain.

Mold has two meanings, if you didn't know-it's a homonym. A homonym is two or more words (or in my case), something- more like someone; is 'spelt' the same, 'pronounced' the same but has different meanings.

It's ironic how a homonym can hold so much meaning as a personification.

Now, back to what I was saying, Mother.

You didn't mold me into you. You molded me like how moss molds onto trees. You molded me like how fungus molds onto bricks.

You don't get it yet?

Me neither.

But let me continue.

You ruined me.

No-

You didn't ruin my appearance. You never flawed my physique. I was too "innocent" to show off, but I was never too "innocent" to deteriorate.

You pulverized my internal existence.

You molded me into the way you see yourself.

How can someone do that?

Not even to anybody, but to someone they birthed. To someone they are supposed to raise. To someone their supposed to love and care for. To support. To nurture-in all ways.

Thank you dear, dear Mother; For molding me. Thank you for being inspiring.

I'm in my Junior year of college now and I'm majoring in Psychology.