-13-

The next day at Hogwarts, I couldn't shake off the tension between Draco Malfoy and me. His words from yesterday echoed in my mind. I refused to let him intimidate me or get away with his arrogant behavior.

As I walked through the corridors, I noticed Draco up ahead, surrounded by his usual group of friends. Mattheo Riddle, Blaise Zabini, and Enzo Berkshire. His posture was stiff, his expression cold. I could tell he was still seething from our interaction in potions class.

With a sly smile, I quickened my pace until I caught up with him and his friends. "Morning, Malfoy," I greeted him, my tone laced with fake sweetness.

Draco glanced at me with contempt, his eyes narrowed in suspicion. "What do you want, Granger?" he replied guardedly.

I ignored his hostility and leaned in closer, lowering my voice to a whisper. "Just wanted to thank you for yesterday's potion class. It was quite entertaining watching you scramble to fix your disaster of a potion."

"You think you're clever, don't you?" he spat, his anger simmering just beneath the surface. Draco's jaw clenched as his fists tightened at his sides.

I shrugged casually, acting innocent. "Just stating the truth, Malfoy. But don't worry, I'm sure you'll get the hang of it eventually. Maybe."

Before he could respond, I continued. "Oh, and by the way, I heard your father is coming to visit Hogwarts soon. I can't wait to see if he's as arrogant as his son."

His hands curled into fists. "You stay away from my family, Granger," he warned, his voice low and warning.

I smirked. "Or what, Malfoy? Are you going to curse me again? Seems like your go-to move when you're feeling threatened."

With that, I turned on my heel and walked away, leaving Draco seething with anger behind me.

Throughout the day, I could sense Draco's eyes on me wherever I went.

During lunchtime in the Great Hall, I found myself seated at the Gryffindor table, surrounded by my friends. We were in a very interesting conversation, but I couldn't shake off the feeling of Draco's eyes boring into the back of my head.

Suddenly, a shadow fell over our table, and I looked up to see Draco standing there. Behind him, his friends Mattheo, Blaise, and Enzo stood.

"What do you want, Malfoy?" Ron asked, his tone defensive as he eyed Draco warily.

Draco ignored Ron's question and turned his gaze to me. "Y/n, can we talk?" he asked, his voice surprisingly soft.

I exchanged a glance with Hermione, who raised an eyebrow in surprise. It was unusual for Draco to approach us, especially in such a manner.

"Fine," I replied, standing up from the table. "Let's talk."

Draco led me away from the crowded Great Hall, his friends following closely behind. We walked in silence until we reached a corner of the castle, away from eyes and ears.

Once we were alone, Draco turned to face me, his expression serious. "Y/n, I need to talk to you about something important," he began.

I raised an eyebrow, "What is it, Malfoy?"

He took a deep breath, as if gathering his thoughts. "I know we haven't exactly been on the best of terms lately," he started. "But I wanted to apologize for my behavior. I was out of line, and I shouldn't have said those things to you."

I blinked in surprise, taken aback by Draco's unexpected apology. "I appreciate the apology, Malfoy," I replied. "But why now? What's changed?"

Draco looked away, his expression conflicted. "I've been doing a lot of thinking lately," he said. "And I realized that I've been acting like a complete jerk. I let my pride and arrogance get the best of me, and I ended up hurting you in the process."

"Apology accepted, Malfoy," I said finally, extending a hand towards him. "But let's make one thing clear. This doesn't mean we're suddenly going to be best friends. Trust takes time to rebuild."

Draco nodded, a faint smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "I understand," he said, taking my hand to shake. "But I'm willing to make an effort to change, if you are."

I felt a glimmer of hope that perhaps Draco Malfoy wasn't as bad as I had once believed.

⋅───⊱༺ ♰ ༻⊰───⋅

Draco's Perspective

As we released each other's hands, I glanced over at my friends, who were watching me with varying degrees of concern and curiosity. Mattheo wore a sly grin, while Blaise and Enzo seemed hesitant.

After a while we all sat in the Slytherin common room.

"Why did you make me apologize to Y/n? What's your plan?" I asked Mattheo.

"We should do something about Granger," Mattheo suggested. "She's been getting under your skin for too long, Draco. It's time we teach her a lesson she won't forget."

I frowned, unsure of what he had in mind. "And what do you propose we do?" I asked.

"We make her fall in love with you," Mattheo replied. "And then you'll break her heart into a million pieces."

While part of me liked the idea of getting back at Y/n for her constant taunting, another part of me hesitated, knowing deep down that it might break Y/n down.

But before I could voice my objections, Blaise stepped forward, his expression grave. "I don't know about this, mate," he said with concern. "Y/n may be a pain in the ass, but this doesn't seem right. We can't just toy with her emotions like that."

Enzo nodded in agreement. "Yeah, I agree with Blaise. This doesn't feel right," he added.

I glanced at my friends. But if I didn't do this, I know for sure Mattheo will do something worse to Y/n behind our back. 

"Fine," I said. "I'll do it. But we need to be careful. We can't let anyone else notice our plan."

As we made our way back to the Great Hall, I couldn't shake off the sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach, knowing that what we were about to do would change everything, for better or for worse.