-18-

Draco's Perspective

The next day, I was sitting with Mattheo in our dorm, his piercing gaze fixed on me as he leaned in, clearly eager to hear about my encounter with Y/n.

"So, how did it go?" Mattheo asked.

I hesitated for a moment, considering how much I should reveal to him. Mattheo was a friend, but he was also deeply involved in our revenge plan against Y/n.

"It went great," I replied, trying to sound casual.

Mattheo's eyebrows shot up in surprise. "Great? So, when are you going to break her heart?" he asked.

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat, my mind racing as I tried to come up with a convincing answer. The truth was, I wasn't sure when or if I could go through with breaking Y/n's heart now that I had genuine feelings for her.

"I'm not sure yet," I admitted.

A dangerous glint flickered in Mattheo's eyes. "You better figure it out soon, Draco," he warned me.

I swallowed hard. Mattheo was not someone to be trifled with, and I knew he wouldn't hesitate to carry out his threats if he felt betrayed.

"I'll... I'll handle it," I assured him, though my words sounded hollow even to my own ears.

Matteo's eyes narrowed, and he took a step closer, his gaze piercing into mine. "You better make it soon, Draco," he said, his voice low and threatening. "Or else...".

"I said I'll do it. Don't bother me Mattheo." I answered as I got up and headed outside leaving Mattheo alone in our dorm.

I walked aimlessly through the Hogwarts grounds, lost in my thoughts. The warm breeze brushed against my skin.

What was I going to do about Y/n? How could I continue to deceive her when every part of me wanted to be with her?

Lost in my thoughts, I didn't notice Y/n approaching until she was standing right in front of me, a look of concern in her face..

"Draco, is everything alright?" she asked, her voice gentle.

I forced a smile onto my face. "Everything's fine, Y/n. Just... dealing with some things," I replied, hoping she wouldn't see through my facade.

But Y/n wasn't easily fooled. She studied me intently, her eyes searching mine for any hint of the truth.

"Are you sure?" she pressed, her voice soft.

Y/n's concern only deepened confusion. Here she was, standing in front of me, genuine worry all over her face, and yet I couldn't bring myself to confide in her about all the lies.

Taking a deep breath, I put on a reassuring smile. "I promise, Y/n, everything's fine," I said, hoping my voice sounded convincing enough.

Y/n studied me for a moment longer before finally nodding. "Alright," she said softly. "But if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here."

Her words warmed my heart, and for a moment, I was tempted to spill everything to her. But then, the memory of Mattheo's threats flashed in my mind, and I pushed the thought away.

"Thank you, Y/n," I replied, grateful for her support.

As Y/n smiled at me, a spark of mischief in her eyes. "Hey, since you're free, why don't we do something fun? Maybe go for a walk around the lake"

"I'd love that," I said, wearing a smile on my lips.

As we walked, her laughter was like music to my ears. For a brief moment, all negative thoughts faded into the background, replaced by the simple joy of being with Y/n.

We eventually found ourselves by the edge of the lake, the water sparkling in the sunlight. Y/n sat down on the grass, and I sat down next her, our shoulders brushing against each other.

As the day turned to evening, we made our way back to Hogwarts. And as we parted ways outside the castle, I couldn't help but feel a bit of hope for our future.

Maybe, just maybe, there was a chance for us after all.