-14-

Draco's Perspective

A few days later, I found myself making my way to the Slytherin common room to meet Y/n for our study session. As much as I hated the idea of spending more time with her, I knew that if I wanted our plan to succeed, I had to play my part convincingly.

When I arrived, Y/n was already waiting for me, a determined look on her face as she flipped through her potions textbook.

"Morning, Malfoy," she greeted me with a small smile as I approached her. I forced a polite smile in return, suppressing the urge to roll my eyes at her enthusiasm. 

"Morning to you too." I replied, taking a seat opposite her.

For the next hour, we poured over our textbooks and notes, discussing various potion ingredients and their properties. Surprisingly, Y/n proved to be a good student, asking questions and demonstrating a genuine interest in the subject.

"I'm telling you, Malfoy, you're adding the ingredients too quickly," Y/n insisted, her brow furrowed in frustration.

I scoffed, feeling my temper flare at her criticism. "This is the right speed. Don't judge me." I retorted.

Y/n's eyes narrowed. "I'd agree with you. But then, we'd both be wrong." she shot back.

For a moment, we glared at each other. But then, unexpectedly, Y/n let out a laugh.

As Y/n's laughter filled the room, something unexpected happened within me. Despite my best efforts to remain composed and aloof, I found myself drawn to her beautiful smile.

I couldn't help but be captivated by the smile on her face, the way her eyes crinkled at the corners as she laughed. It was a sight I hadn't expected to see, and yet, here she was, sitting across from me, her laughter washing over me like a gentle breeze.

And in that moment, I realized that maybe, just maybe, there was more to her than met the eye. Maybe she wasn't just the insufferable Slytherin know-it-all I had always believed her to be.

As Y/n's laughter faded, her eyes met mine, and for a moment, the world seemed to slow down around us.

Her eyes held a depth that I hadn't expected, a complexity that intrigued me in ways I couldn't explain. There was a fire within them, a fierce determination that spoke of her strength, yet there was also a softness that tugged at something deep within me.

With a hesitant smile, I reached out and gently clasped her hand in mine, feeling a warmth spread through me at the contact.

"Maybe you're right," I admitted, my voice softer than usual. "Perhaps I have been a bit too fast with the potion ingredients."

Y/n's expression softened, a hint of surprise in her eyes at my admission. "Well, it's about time you admitted it," she teased lightly.

As we continued to work on the potion together, I found myself opening up to Y/n in a way that I hadn't with anyone else before.

We finally finished brewing the potion, I glanced over at Y/n. "Thanks for your help," I said sincerely.

Y/n smiled warmly in response. "Anytime, Malfoy," she replied, giving my hand a reassuring squeeze.