Chapter 17

Victor ran his nails through (Y/n)'s damp hair, as she lay with her head on his chest. The pair covered in a thin sheen of sweat; pillows, sheets and all other bedding strewn across the floor, their bodies rested upon the bare mattress, as they did their best to regain their breath.

If Victor hadn't been determined enough before, to not give a damn about Stryker, and keep his mate close; he was now. He had brought her into this, he had convinced her that coming to the compound was the best thing; he had promised to look after her and look after her he would. The feral not caring what others might think; what others might say. He had lived for so long, and not once had he ever believed that he would find a mate; but now here she was, in his arms, her fingers absentmindedly playing with the hair on his chest. And he wasn't about to let her go; he wasn't about to lose her, or let another man come along and try and take her from him. She was his; his mate, his one. A smile pulling at the very corners of his lips, as (Y/n) suddenly began to make the strange purring like sound, that she only made for him.

"Sweetheart............"

"Huh.........?" (Y/n) replied, as she looked up at him lazily. A broad smile on her face, as she placed her hand on his cheek.

"You ready for round two............."

"Whenever you are.......Sabretooth.........." The rare feral replied with a soft growl, before jumping on top of Victor, and pinning his arms down to the mattress.

                                                        >>--------------------------------<<

Chris slumped into the chair, his gaze wandering over to a yawning John, as he poured himself a coffee; both of them looking like they needed another couple of hours sleep.

"Well......." The man with the moniker of 'Bolt' taking a sip of his own black coffee, before continuing.

"Unless someone else around here got really lucky last night, I don't think that there is any doubting that (Y/n) is Victor's mate." Chris continued. He and John both chuckling at the remark. Sure, that if the two ferals kept it up, the entire compound would never get any sleep; well, not until someone took their life into their own hands and mentioned something to one of the pair about perhaps being less vocal when they got up to whatever they got up to, that was.

"And you know that Wade will have to say something. He won't be able to help himself..............."

"I won't be able to help myself about what...........?" Another voice came, John and Chris watching as Wade joined them in the large kitchen. Kestrel and Bolt looking at one another with furrowed brows, as a rather well rested appearing Wilson made his way over to the refrigerator, before opening it and sticking his head inside to see what he could raid for breakfast.

"Oh, um.......nothin...........You.......you have a good night's sleep, Wade?" Chris enquired, as John came to sit at the table.

"Yeah, I did. We should have more of those little family get together things, they are so soothing. I have realised that Thanksgiving and Christmas just aren't enough. And now that daddy Victor got us a new stepmom, we need to be on hand just in case she gets stuck in the dryer, or under the bed............why?" Wade replied, his head suddenly popping up over the refrigerator door, staring suspiciously at the other two mutants. Neither John nor Chris getting a chance to say anything in reply, still finding it hard to believe that Wade, out of all of them, had not been awoken by the mating rituals of two ferals, before Fred walked in.

"What the hell was that racket, last night..........?" The big blonde grumbled, as he dropped himself into a chair. Wade quickly shutting the fridge door and almost jumping over the countertop to get to the table.

"What racket..............?"

"What racket......? There was no racket last night. Did you hear anything John......."

"No, I can't recall anything.........."

"Are you two deaf?" Fred countered, as he looked at Chris and John in disbelief.

"They are being gentlemen. They are attempting to save a lady her blushes, Dukes. You might try it yourself and mention nothing." A smooth Cajun accent interjected, as Remy made his way into the room. Wade finding himself becoming more and more frustrated, not sure what he had missed out on; but sure, that it must be good. Especially as Duke's had just shut is big mouth, and was now muttering under his breath to himself, about the fact that he was a gentleman and could be just as quiet as the others.

"Okay. What's going on? What did I miss out on.........come on you guys." Wade whined. James just rolling his eyes, as he made his way into the room and saw the annoying katana wielding dingbat, pouting like a child. Jim holding up his hand, before grabbing a cup, as Wade went to ask him about what had happened the night before. A mischievous sparkle coming to Wilson's eye, as he spied one of Stryker's lackies coming towards the room.

"Hey!" Wade called out, getting the attention of the private. The man looking around, to make sure that the mutant was not talking to someone else. Wade ignoring the rest of the team trying to tell him that it was nothing, as he moved out into the corridor and leant up against the wall right in front of the nervous looking man.

"What about all that noise last night, huh? Crazy............" Wade smiled. The young man looking around once more, before smiling back at the mutant.

"Yeah, it was Creed and the new woman. I was told that he kicked down her door and they were together all night. None of us got any sleep........" He chuckled, his mirth vanishing as another large, annoyed looking mutant came up behind Wade and glared at him. James rolling his eyes once more, as the soldier scurried away, and Wade made his way back to the kitchen. A broad, smug smile spreading across his features, as he took a seat and waited for Victor to show his face.