No escape

I woke up in a heavy cold sweat. It wasn't often I had night mares. In this one a man had been chasing me. The man that had been in the woods. It wasn't true of course.

I got up from my bed and made my way to the restroom, grabbing a changing t-shirt along the way.

Once in the restroom I changed my sweaty shirt and tied my hair into a messy bun. I washed my face with cold water to calm myself down. I looked at my watch. 2am. I had barley slept an hour.

As I went back to my room I tried to turn the lights on, but to no success. 'Guess the lights are out.' I decided to go down to the basement to check the power box.

I grab a hoodie and put it on. It was plain white and really warm. The downside of living in a huge mansion is that in the night it gets very cold. Today just seemed to be just a little bit colder than usually. It wasn't the comfortable cold, more like the cold and empty feeling you get when you feel like someone is there watching you.

I make my way down to the basement. I open a trapdoor and walk down under the ground level. It smells moist and dust. I had taken a flashlight from the kitchen with me and I click it on and try and find the powerbox.

I can see the powerbox in a distance. I walk up to it and try and find what's wrong. To my suprise everything looks normal. Maybe it's due to something outside the house like something falling on the power line.

As I am about to start walking back to the trap door I hear something beeing slammed shut. It didn't take long for me to realize it was the trapdoor. I run to the trap door and try and open it, but to no success. God damit. I try to open it with all of my bodyweight, but it looks like someone has locked it.

I go back down to try and find something to open it with. After a while I find a metal pipe. Thank goodness someone had forgotten it here. I go back up to the trapdoor and start smashing the pipe until the wood is breaking. After a while the trapdoors lock breaks and I am able to get out.

I need to warn Ruby. I can hear a scream and instantly recognise it. It's Ruby. I go to the kitchen to grab a knife. At this point all I am expecting is some robber who just wants some money from me. I mean who or what else could it possibly be?

I creep the stairs up to the bedrooms. I can see a dark figure climb outside from a window. The dark silhouette of the person is way above the average height. The person is at least above six foot tall. I run to the window at the end of the hallway and see the man run into the woods surrounding my home. Shit I was just a little bit late.

I go to Ruby's room and see her curled up in a ball in the corner of the room. She is holding her head in her hands and quietly sobbing.

"Hey, Ruby. What's wrong girl? Did he do something to you?" I ask sitting next to her and bringing my hand around her to embrace her in a hug. She doesn't answer immediately and just hugs me for a little longer before speaking up.

"I'm okay, you came right before he could enter my room." Ruby says hugging me harder and soaking my hoodie with her tears.

"Then why are you crying? Everything is okay, we call the cops and they'll search the area for the robber. Then he'll never bother us again." I assure her bringing her closer and setting my knife on the floor.

"I- It's not me, it's you." She says so quietly it was almost impossible to hear.
"Yeah I know he wants my money." I say with a chuckle.
"No he doesn't. It has to do with you know... Makarov." Her breath tickled my neck and sent shivers down my spine. The last word was a whisper so quiet that if there were others near her only I could still hear it.

"Makarov? But he is a relative? I don't know anything about him except that he works in some sort of a military. What could they possibly want?" I ask her confused.

"I don't know. All I can come up with is that they think you know something and want to hear it. I don't know how far they are willing to take this..." She tells me with a shaky voice.

"Let's get out from here. Grab your phone and keys." I say waiting for her to pack and then going to my room to do the same. I didn't want to let her out of my sight, not for one second. One second could be enough to stab someone. It could be enough to shoot someone. Maybe enough to kidnap. I was not willing to let any of them happen to Ruby nor me.

We also both took a knife before leaving, just for our safety. We didn't want any funny business happening. As we walked to my car I was shocked. All the tiers were flat and so were Ruby's cars. We rushed back inside in a hurry. We made sure to lock all the doors and windows before gathering upstairs to my bedroom.

"They must have known we would try and leave. The popping might have been what you heard in the evening." Ruby suggested.

"Yeah... This is well planned. Maybe they also were the ones to cut the electricity. Hopefully we will still have a signal to call 911." I say grabbing my phone from my pocket. As I open my phone there is text and I read out loud to Ruby.

"There is no signal in this area. Try again later."

"FUCKKKK!"

__________________________________

KÖNIGS POV:

"FUCKKKK!"

I grin to myself from under my mask. I had just made sure there would be no signal to contact or call for any help. Thease phones were so easy to control. Before I had been really scared that Y/N heard, or worse saw me cut her and Ruby's car tiers with my knife.

I had been watching them from my hiding spot from the bushes not too far from the driveway. I had seen Y/N's beautiful face turn into one of shock and horror as she realised that they didn't have a way out. In a way I kind of found her frightened expression a little cute. I could protect her once I was done with what I came for.

In my opinion it was fun to play cat and mouse. Too bad her friend was still in the way. I know she will protect Y/N by any cost. Maybe with her life. I don't really care.

I unwrapped my chocolate bar and lifted my mask taking one big bite. Chocolate had a lot of energy so it was a perfect snack. I wasn't in a hurry. Perhaps it would be easier to catch them if I would let them stress for a few hours. Maybe they would think I was gone and let their guard down. Maybe the stress would slowly eat them alive so that they couldn't think straight. Soon enough I would get answers to everything.

I popped the last peaces of chocolate into mouth and put the wrapper in my pocket.

__________________________________
A/N

Hey y'all sorry for not posting that much. I have a exam coming up and will be studying so I'm not sure when I'll be able to post. Kind reminder that I am not a professional writer and all this is made completely for fun. :)