She had always known she loved him. And yet, when he asked her how she knew, she had no words. When he asked her what about him it was that she loved, she had no words. When he asked why she loved him, she had no words. She didn't have an answer for him, and she didn't know if she ever would.

Because, her love wasn't just one particular thing. She loved him for existing, she loved everything about him. She loved him because his front tooth was slightly crooked, she loved him because of how his brown eyes seemed to glow orange in the sunlight. She loved the way he walked with a slight limp after falling off his bike a couple of years back. She loved the scars on his knees from playtime long ago, she loved his tattered hoodie that smelled so perfectly of him. She loved his mouth, the way his smile was slightly lopsided, the dimple in his left cheek. She loved his unruly hair and how it could never lie flat on his head, no matter how many times they tried and how many hair products they used. She loved the way he drank lemonade in the summer after a game on the park. She loved how he only ever wore odd socks, even when they were covered by his shoes anyway. She loved the way he smiled when talking about the things he enjoyed, the way his eyes seemed to sparkle and his mouth tilted up at the corners just that extra bit more. 

So no, she didn't have an answer for him. And she probably never would. Because it wasn't just one thing that she loved about him, it wasn't just one reason and it wasn't just for one thing. She loved his everything because to her, even what some people would class as 'imperfections', to her they were perfect. He was perfect.