It's a miracle. I don't have any pimples. I haven't had any... ever. Looking at my skin makes me realise how pale I look. That, paired with my black hair, I look like a ghost.
It fits, I guess. They say names are meant to represent you in life, yet I was cursed with "Ghost". Yoo Ryung. I let my name circle around my mind, and resound multiple times until I can't take it anymore. I stare even longer when I realise I have no splotches of anything on my face or neck. Am I just too clean and have wiped away the colour in my face?
Then why is my hair pitch black? Maybe I am just a ghost and shouldn't be seen by anyone? I stare at my room. Pitch black painted walls and white bed sheets. My room's a ghost as well.
I hear Mum's foot steps coming up to my room and I'm already done planning our whole converstaion by the time she opens the door. Yoo Mi Cha. The prised possession in her, Dads, and our family. Gran constantly said she was blessed with the natural gift of beauty even before she was born. That's why she's Mi Cha. Mi for "Beauty" and Cha for "Daughter".
When she enters the room, the not so long awaited "Hey, Hun. You up to do something fun, today?" She already knows I'm not going to school, today. Her sweet sounding voice and tone ring my ears before I can process what she's saying. Something about breakfast and if I'm sick today At first I think she's asking why I'm not at school, but then I realise she's looking directly at my cheeks, where some pigmantation usually is. I look at the mirror, but I see no colour, instead, where the colour should be, there's nothing.
I Tell her I'm fine, it's just that I'm finding myself tired and need sleep. I stand up, away from the mirror,  and wonder if what I said was the truth, or a lie to cover up my feelings. While I walk over to my bed Mum says, "What about breakfast? I made your favourite, Kimchi Jjidae." I think for a second and take up the offer. As I'm walking, I think 'Over and over again, more food and sleep and food and sleep. When will this morning cycle end? I agree, then, the thought leaves my mind. Just like it appeared.