Chapter 13

"He WHAT?"

I told Eva about what happened with Walker on the next Monday morning.

"He said I love you, and I said I love you too," I told her, giggling a bit at her reaction.

"Oh my God!" She squealed, grabbing my shoulders and shaking me. "I knew it!"

"Haha, I knew you'd be excited," I said.

"So you two are dating then?"

"No, not yet," I sighed. "I'm gonna have to ask my parents. You know how strict they are about dating. But they love Walker, so I might have a chance."

"When are you gonna talk to them?"

"If they're in a good mood when I get home, I'll do it then."

"What about Walker? Are his parents strict about dating?"

"I don't think so. He'll be fine."

Eva paused for a second, chewing on her lip in thought. "If they don't let you, you could bring him to youth group or something, and it'll be a quote unquote 'date," she suggested.

"You're a genius," I told her.

"I know," she said, doing a dramatic hair flip.

"You're also really humble," I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

"The humblest."

Just then, Walker walked into the classroom. Eva took a step back so that I could hug him.

"Hey," I muttered quietly as my arms wrapped around him and his around me.

"Hey." His raspy morning voice was really hot.

We broke apart when we heard someone walk in the classroom. It was Adam.

"Hold on, what's going on here?" He asked, as he had seen the two of us hugging.

"Did Walker not tell you?" Eva asked, astonished, and ran to her boyfriend's side.

"Tell me what?"

"They were slow dancing in the rain and Walker said I love you and Aaliyah said it back and now they're kinda sorta dating but not officially, and it's a whole thing," Eva said quickly. She talked fast when she was excited.

"What!" Adam practically yelled.

"I know!" Eva grabbed one of his shoulders and jumped up and down in excitement.

Walker and I stood there sheepishly. We were lucky there was no one else in the room because if there was, they would've just heard everything.

"Wait, why aren't they dating yet?" Adam asked.

"I think they haven't asked their parents yet or something," she replied, almost as if we weren't in the room.

"Yeah, neither of us have, I don't think," Walker said.

"Nope," I said.

"You two had better get a move on it because I'll be planning some double dates," Adam told us, and he and Eva walked out of the room side by side.

"Double dates with those two would be so chaotic," Walker commented.

"Very," I agreed. "I'll probably ask my parents about dating tonight."

"Alright. If you do, I will, too."

"Okay. Also, do you want to come to youth group with me on Wednesday?"

"Oh yeah, if I can. Could you text me the info when you get home?"

"Yeah, I will."

Just then, Mrs. Tristan came into the room and told us to get to class. From the look on her face, I could tell she shipped.