Chapter 17

A whole year had gone by. Walker and I had just finished our junior year of high school, and we were still going strong. We had a few small fights, as every couple does, but they never ended up so dramatic as our first one. Our families stayed close, and Leena was practically my older sister at this point.

Eva and Adam had a huge fight around Thanksgiving last year. That had resulted in a nasty breakup. However, they had found their way back to each other on Christmas Day. By the end of our junior year, they were also in a very happy, healthy relationship.

Teagan and Dean started long-distance dating in the summer after our sophomore year. Out of the three couples, I would say they fought the least. Seeing Teagan with someone was strange, as she never liked anyone until Dean came along. Triple dates had occurred whenever Dean came back from Illinois and would definitely keep happening in the future.

As for my two other friends, they were both single since Eloise had broken up with her Alabama boyfriend. They were single and thriving, though.

I had auditioned for an acting job for the next season of Percy Jackson and had yet to hear back. Walker had other ways to set me up with an acting job if I didn't get the role since he had connections, so I wasn't too worried. I did wish I could be able to act with Walker, though.

Even though Walker and I had been together for over a year now, there still hadn't been a first kiss.

One day in early June, not too long after school had let out, Walker and I planned another triple date with Eva, Adam, Teagan, and Dean. This was a lot more than just a simple triple date, however. We were spending a couple of nights at a cabin by a lake in the mountains. I honestly couldn't believe that our parents let us, but they trusted all six of us not to be too reckless.

Adam picked me up in his car at eight in the morning. I piled into the backseat next to Walker. Eva was in the passenger seat, and Adam was driving. Taylor Swift was playing, so I guessed Eva was in charge of the music.

"We still have to grab Dean and Teagan," Walker informed me as we pulled away from my driveway. As Dean was visiting from Illinois, he was staying at Teagan's.

"Okay," I replied and yawned. "I'm exhausted. Can we grab some Starbucks on the way?"

"I already guaranteed a Starbucks stop," Eva told me. She also looked tired.

"Why are you guys so tired?" Adam asked. "We woke up two hours earlier for school."

"I had to wake up at 5:30 because I forgot to pack last night," Eva explained.

"I'm just tired," I said.

We picked up Teagan and Dean, and they sat in the third back row. I eventually fell asleep, my legs stretched out across the seats and my head on Walker's lap. Walker was leaning against the window, also asleep, one of his hands left to rest in my hair.

Two hours later, we arrived at the mountain cabin. It was right next to a lake, and we would be spending most of our time there.

"Look at this place!" Eva marveled, gazing up at the high ceiling.

"Come on, let's go claim a bedroom," Teagan said. The girls were going to share one room, and the boys were going to share the other.

"Wait for me!" Eva said, bounding up the stairs after us.

The first one I saw, with a large bay window with a view of the lake, was the one I knew I wanted. "I want this one," I said, plopping onto one of the beds.

"Good choice," Eva said, jumping onto another bed.

We unpacked and went back downstairs to decide the game plan for the next three days that we were there.