Gang Wars #1

{ Galivinth }

{ Galivinth }

Gray clouds gather above and combine into a mass of fluff with no visible end or beginning, and what accompanies it this fresh new morning is the foretelling gentle crackle of an incoming drizzle. Galivinth is minutes within his walk to school, hurrying along to beat the first drop of rain. However, this trip doesn't grant him a peaceful venture. At his next turn of a corner leading to an intersection that he needs to cross, a peculiar view greets his sights. Thugs. Hooligans in street clothes and identical black leather jackets that all have a decal on the back - PoPPeRs in bold italic white letters that cradle underneath an image of a skull with glaring red eyes. It wouldn't have been such a big deal, but there's more than a dozen of them. Somewhere between 17 and 22, loitering around on the two corners up ahead. The sight makes Galivinth easy enough to slow his steps to an almost reluctant pace, but he does his best to push his rising insecurity down and keep trucking on. He means to pass while keeping his head down. After all, he's got no business with them at all. With inner reassuring thoughts playing in his mind, he approaches the traffic light post and pushes the button to manipulate the light to change and give him the sign to safely cross. 

“Hey, broddie…” A male's voice calls out calmly before the half-cryonean teen suddenly feels a hand on his shoulder. The mocha-skin youth turns his head and sets his twin moon eyes upon a 6’4 feet tall young man with a red scarf around his neck, a bat resting over his shoulder, and a leather jacket upon his person.

“You LOOK familiar. What's your name, my man?” The stranger asks, causing Galivinth to shoot him a look of confusion. There was nothing remotely familiar about the guy. Soon, several more of the gang members move closer to listen in on the inquiry, of which Galivinth notices immediately.

[Meanwhile On Mount Heaven Splitter / 10 minutes later]

“Huh. It's starting to rain…” A student of the Blue Currents dojo comments while sitting at the steps of the temple, now holding his hand out and palm upward after feeling a drip atop of his forehead. Surely enough, another tiny drop splatters on contact with his body.

“Yeah, it is. Which means it's time for me to head back inside. You coming, Romundo?” His female peer, another student, asks.

“No. My gut is telling me to pay attention to this one. Something is coming.” The bulky, yet muscle riddled male responds as he folds his broad arms as he closes his eyes in solemn thought.

“Dude, the flag game doesn't start for like, another four hours.” The female responds while arching a judgmental brow.

“No, that's not what I'm talking about. This rain… Something is riding its coattails and preparing to make its presence known any minute now. I'm just not sure what it is yet…” 

“Yeeeeeeeaaah, okay. You have fun getting wet, then.” The tomboyish young woman responds as she turns and heads back inside. Romundo opens his eyes and stares nonchalantly at the ground. The timing is quite impeccable, because seconds of him doing so he catches the unnatural illumination of a red light briefly flashing around him when a crackle roars through the air. He looks up with a frown, not minding the pitter patter of raindrops hitting against his face that follows.