Gang Wars #2

Despite arriving a little over two hours late to school after taking on 50 gang members, the day proceeds as normal. Well, as normal as it can be. Galivinth's mind dwells on the altercation from hours ago and wonders what even led to such aggression toward him. While swapping out his books for the next class at his locker, he thinks on his recent interactions with others. All that notably stands out is the. mutual disdain he has for the members of the school's 'Betterment Program’, yet he finds it difficult to really believe any of them are colluding with thugs just to harass a single student. 

“Wait… The guys with the red uniforms. Did they do it?” He murmurs the question under his breath and to himself, frowning contemplatively. He knows none of them personally, but he also realizes that they TOO began harassing him with that same aggression out of the blue.

“What is even going on these days?”

“Tell me about it. I think the weird rainy weather was a sign of an omen or something.” Kaira suddenly interjects into his solitude and moves to lean against the locker beside Galivinth's while cradling her books like a toddler against her chest.

“Huh? What makes you say that?” Galivinth questions.

“The red light for one. On top of that, we have GODS living among us now. They've been all over the news for a week now.” She informs him. The information brings forth a skeptical scowl upon the half cryonean's face.

“What? Gods?” He arches a brow.

“Eeeeyup… Freakin’ Gods, dude.” She reaffirms.

“That's not–... Who are you even referring to? Gods? As in multiple? Are you referring to P.I.'s as Gods? As in, they're Godly?” Galivinth prods, struggling to even begin to guess what she's mentally picturing.

“No. Like, actual Gods. Olympian Gods, in fact. A bunch of them are living in the US now. You haven't heard anything about it?” She raises a brow at him this time.

“That's insane… And no, not even a little. So, they're real? Does that mean Jesus Christ is real, too? I mean… Of course he is. Why did I even ask that?” Galivinth shakes his head after realizing what left his lips. 

“Well, my dad is a firm believer in the Greek Gods. He even told me that he has everything that he does today because of Ares, the God of War. Also says it's why he and my little sister have red eyes. Because he blessed our bloodline or something. It's weird, but I guess he was telling the truth the whole time.

“Why did they suddenly show up out of the blue and come here of all places? Shouldn't they be in… I don't know… Greece?” Galivinth asks.

“A few of them said that they've heard great things about America and wanted to see how mortals were getting along. Kinda’ wonder if they all get instant celebrity status now. Could they make better music than the artists out there today?”

“I think we may have bigger concerns than that. Kaira.” Galivinth comments with a nonchalant stare.

[ Naeth, Mount Heaven Splitter ]

It's near pure chaos and havoc on the battleground of the roofless colosseum. Many students lay in pain on the ground while a dozen or more continue to fight for the flags. Ten minutes is all it took to get to this point and quite honestly, Naeth finds it to be frustrating. His classmates aren't proving to be a reliable bunch at all when it comes to a real skirmish. His plan WAS to crush the first few opponents in a fight and run off with the flags, but he's beginning to realize he has no choice but to compromise and settle. 

In the midst of the large group fight between all three schools, Naeth cautiously backs up to where Vance is sitting to recover after taking a mild beating.