Chapter 3

"Kai, are you and Kyrie ready to leave?" Marcus asks while stepping into the hospital room where I've been since yesterday morning.

"Um, yes," I slowly answer, my gaze going around the room once more to make sure I haven't forgotten to pack anything.

Kyrie and I are being released now, and Marcus offered to pick us up, and bring us to the boutique where mama is because she had a rush of customers arriving. I've packed my bag, and Kyrie's diaper bag, and Kyrie is napping in his blue and green car seat that is settled on the floor next to my feet. I've dressed myself in a pair of loose fitting black and blue leggings, an over-sized, long sleeved dark blue shirt with a hoodie, black fuzzy socks, and my black Nike slides. I've got Kyrie dressed in a set of baby blue footie jammies with a matching hat and gloves covering his hands.

There's a soft knock on the door before Joshua pushes the door open, and comes inside with a bright smile while pushing a wheelchair into the room ahead of him; "Are you and Kyrie ready to leave?"

"Yeah, we're ready to leave," I answer as I glance down at Kyrie to make sure he's still sleeping. "Thank you for everything you've done for us while we were here, the other nurse and the doctor, too."

Joshua's smile grows wider as he nods; "Of course. You and Kyrie are awesome, and I hope the both of you are happy in your lives."

"Thanks," I murmur with my own wide smile as I carefully sit in the wheelchair.

Leaning over to carefully pick up Kyrie in his car seat as Marcus grabs the bags, and Joshua pushes Kyrie and I out of the room toward the elevators with Marcus following behind us. When we reach the front entrance, Marcus opens the back door of his Chevy Equinox, and takes the car seat to place it in the base in the middle seat. Joshua opens the front passenger door for me, and holds the wheelchair in place while I slowly stand to climb into the seat. Once I'm settled, Joshua bids us goodbye again before shutting the door as Marcus climbs into the driver's seat, and drives us toward the boutique, and Joshua heads back into the hospital with the wheelchair.

"Are you sure you feel up to being at the boutique with Kyrie until closing in a few hours?" Marcus asks, concern in his voice as he keeps his eyes focused on the road in front of us.

"I'm sure, thanks for checking though," I reply, glancing back into the rear view mirror that allows me to see Kyrie, and he's still sleeping. "I want to be around people in a familiar environment, and I just feel a little tired, but otherwise good."

"Okay, but if you change your mind, Steph or I can take you home," he says, pulling into the back parking lot of the boutique, and turns the vehicle off. "You can carry in Kyrie's bag, and I'll carry him inside, okay?"

Nodding as I open the door, carefully and slowly climbing out as Marcus takes Kyrie out, and we walk into the boutique at my speed. As the three of us make our way to the counter where mama is currently standing as she checks-out a woman, we're greeted by a few of the regular customers. Finally reaching mama, I slowly and gratefully sit down on the tall metal chair with armrests that's sitting against the wall on mama's left.

Holding my belly as I sit on the chair, I smile fondly as Marcus carefully removes Kyrie from the car seat, and hands him to me. Softly adjusting the blanket around Kyrie as I settle him against my chest with a warm smile.

"Hello my boys," mama softly greets as she peers down at Kyrie. "How are we today? I'm sorry I couldn't pick you up today."

"It's okay, mama, we understand," I murmur with a warm smile toward her. "I appreciate Marcus picking us up, and we're doing good."

Marcus flashes me a thankful smile along with a soft nod of his head in acknowledgement, and mama hums in reply.

"Not that I'm not enjoying you boys being here, but why are you here, and not resting at home?" mama gently inquires, softly rubbing the tip of her fingers against Kyrie's arm.

"I want to be around people in a familiar environment, and I just feel a little tired, but otherwise good," I tell her, which is the exact same thing I had told Marcus.

Mama hums like she doesn't agree with my reason, but she doesn't argue with me on this, which I appreciate.

Two hours later, the four of us are heading home which is literally five minutes away by vehicle when the shop is closed at 8 p.m. I've fed and changed Kyrie twice in this time, and I'm ready for a nap myself along with having some dinner.

"Kai, go have a small nap while we wait for dinner to be delivered, and I'll mind Kyrie," mama suggests, and I falter between doing as she suggested, and not wanting her to feel as if I don't want to take care of my son. "I'm fine doing this, I promise. I know how tired you must be feeling right now, and dinner will be here in forty-five minutes."

"Thank you, mama, I appreciate this," I whisper tearfully - damn hormones are still a little out of whack. "I'm going to my room now."

Once mama nods, I turn around to head to my bedroom to take a much needed and appreciated nap. I don't even bother settling under the covers, I just slip off my slides, laying on my side carefully on top of the bed, and cover myself with the black and red plaid throw blanket I have on my bed. I'm sound asleep in a matter of seconds, and I'm awoken by mama telling me that dinner has arrived.