Chapter 7

The front door of the boutique opens with two customers walking in ahead of mama and Marcus. The customers wander around the area of the shop on their right as I call out a greeting to them which they return. I don't miss the expression of wonder of mama and Marcus' faces as they approach us with two plastic bags filled with to-go containers of food.

"Hello," Marcus greets us when they reach us while he and mama look between us, and then realization flashes in their eyes when they realize that Grayson is holding Kyrie.

"Mama, Marcus, this is Grayson Brown, Kyrie's daddy," I introduce with a worried smile, unsure how the three of them are gonna react to each other. "Grayson, this is my mama and my step-dad, Stephanie and Marcus Weston."

"Nice to meet you, Grayson," mama and Marcus greet, and Grayson returns the sentiment, holding his right hand out toward them both, and they shake hands before Grayson focuses his attention back on Kyrie.

"Have you had lunch yet, Grayson?" mama asks with a sweet smile as Marcus lifts up the two plastic bags containing the food as offering a share of the food to him.

"No, but I had actually come here to ask Kai to have lunch with me, but became sidetracked by this cute little person," Grayson replies with a fond smile toward Kyrie before looking at me in question.

"See you boys later," mama grins with a wink before looking at Kyrie as she continues. "Just you know, no...."

My entire body burns from embarrassment at her innuendo about Grayson and I having sex again, groaning; "Mama."

Grayson nervously laughs as he shyly states; "I promise we're going to have lunch and talk only, and nothing more, I promise."

Mama and Marcus smile at us with me agreeing to having lunch with him, and I carefully take Kyrie from Grayson to strap him into the stroller, so we can quickly leave.

"We can leave, if you're ready," I softly tell Grayson as I move to the handle of the stroller, and Grayson nods in agreement.

We leave the boutique, and once the door is closed behind us; "I apologize for them. I totally understand if you don't want anything to do with me, and just see Kyrie."

Grayson softly chuckles with a shake of his head; "Kai, it's okay. I understand why they asked what they asked. I still want to be around you and our son."

Nodding at his answer, I ask him where he wanted to eat lunch, and he suggests we have pizza. Agreeing to his food choice, we make our way down the street to the pizza parlor, and Grayson holds the door open, so I can push the stroller inside without issue, and I thank him as I pass him.

The Hostess greets us, and shows us to a table that will accommodate Kyrie and his stroller after he grabs two menus. He takes our drink order, promising that our server will be over in a few minutes to take our food order, and leave our drinks with us.

"So, do you want to share a pizza?" Grayson questions as we both scan over the menu in our hands.

"Um, that sounds great! What kind of toppings do you like? I like mushrooms, onions, pepperoni, sausage, cheese, and green peppers," I answer with a shy smile, and he gives me a wide grin.

"Yum, all of those toppings sound fantastic to me, so shall we get all of those?" he replies, and I nod in agreement.

When our server arrives with Grayson's cherry coke and my coke, he takes our food order, and leaves while promising that he'll bring out the pizza when it's ready.

"So, what's your life like when you're not here?" I ask him softly, hoping he'll tell me something about himself that I didn't see last year.

"Well, I attend a private high school that has all of the grades in one building," Grayson states. "When the school year starts again, I'll be a senior, and I play on the basketball team. I strongly dislike peas, but I love hummus."

Giggling at his dislike and love of foods; "You're cute. What else?"

"Um, I really like blue eyed guys," he grins with a wink of his right eye, causing me to darkly blush. "Especially five foot, seven inch tall, blue eyed guys."

"I'm not sure why you do, but thank you for the compliment," I murmur, my blush deepening as he gives me a wider smile.

"What about you? What are you like when I'm not around?" Grayson questions, and I have a couple of minutes to think of my answer because the server returns with our pizza.

When the server leaves, and we have placed a slice of pizza on our plates, I finally answer him; "Um, I attend public school, and when the school year starts, I'll be a senior, too. I dislike beef, and I like pizza. I really like brown eyed boys that are six feet tall, and muscular."

My entire body becomes thermonuclear at my admissions of what I'm physically drawn to with him.

"Well, thank you, Kai," he replies with a growing smile. "Would you be willing to spend the summer with me again? You and Kyrie, please?"

Stuffing the pizza into my mouth, so I can chew on the food for a few minutes before I can speak again, and let my body cool down.

Nodding at him as I swallow my bite, I then answer him; "We would love to spend the summer with you again. I do have to help at the boutique and the used bookstore sometimes. Um, when the summer ends, and you head back to your hometown, can we exchange contact information, so we can remain in contact?"

"We definitely are exchanging contact information to stay in contact when the summer ends," Grayson agrees with a firm nod of his head. "Also, we need to come to an agreement on how much a month I'll be sending you for child support for our son."

My eyebrows rise toward my hairline at his offer to pay child support because I never even thought about this; "Really? You don't have to pay child support. Can we exchange phone numbers now, so we don't forget?"