Chapter 11

Around noon, I've already had lunch, fed and changed Kyrie, and now we're on our way to the boutique to spend a few hours until this evening, and we're with Grayson. Entering the boutique, I'm shocked to find Grayson and daddy inside the shop, and both men are speaking to each other, and with mama and Marcus.

Oh, fuck me, I hope their interaction is going well, and that I'm not in any sort of trouble. I'm ninety percent confident that I haven't fucked up with at least three of them, dad being the one whom I'm having an issue with at the moment.

Slowly making my way over to them, while trying not to bump into anyone or any of the items in the shop. When I reach the four of them at the counter, mama and Marcus are behind the counter, and dad and Grayson are standing opposite them while they continue to speak. I'm not sure if they've noticed Kyrie and I yet or not.

"Hi!" Grayson says with a somewhat strained voice when he notices Kyrie and I stopping next to him, and he looks relieved to see us. "I'm glad to see you both."

Giving him a small smile; "Hey, we're glad to see you, too. Not to sound rude, but what's going on here?"

Mama, Marcus, and Grayson give me innocent smiles while daddy keeps his neutral expression. Looking between the four of them, waiting for someone to answer my question, but several customers enter the boutique, and mama and Marcus move from behind the counter to talk with them.

Staring at Grayson, he finally caves to softly tell me; "I, uh, I came here to speak with Stephanie and Marcus, and Karson came inside when he saw me in here."

Raising my eyebrows at his half-ass answer, but leaving it alone for now, and instead I turn my focus on my father; "Why did you come in here to speak with Grayson? I hope you're not giving him a hard time? He hasn't done anything wrong, so I'd appreciate it if you'd leave him alone, and not harass him."

Daddy raises an eyebrow at my attitude, and I honestly don't care if he's upset with me either, and Grayson nervously fidgets on his feet for a moment before moving to take Kyrie from his stroller. When I look at the two of them, I realize that Kyrie is wide awake, chilling in his daddy's hold which melts my heart instantly.

"Kai, I didn't come here to harass Grayson," daddy says with a gruff voice, gaining my attention. "I just wanted to speak with him, and have him answer a few questions, that's all."

Looking back to Grayson and Kyrie, and internally rolling my eyes at my father. Instead of replying, I just push the stroller behind the counter to get it and me out of the way. Grayson follows behind me with Kyrie, and sits on the stool when I tell him he can sit there with Kyrie if he wants. I can see daddy watching us from the corner of my eye, and I let out a sigh as I turn to face him.

"Is there something wrong?" I ask him, trying to keep the anger from my voice.

He shakes his head, stating; "Nothing's wrong, just watching you three interact together is all."

Shrugging my shoulders at him as he tells us that he's going back to the bookstore because he left one of his employees in charge while he's over here. He waves goodbye, turns to walk toward the door, telling Marcus and mama goodbye, too.

"I'm sorry about him," I mumble to Grayson, absolutely irritated about my dad. "I'm sorry for whatever he said and asked you, too."

Grayson looks at me intently as he seriously says; "Kai, please don't apologize, he's just concerned about you and Kyrie is all. He wasn't rude or anything while we were speaking, I promise. I would tell you if he was."

"Okay," I mumble, giving him a weak smile, unable to fully get rid of the worry over this topic, and the baby lets out a quiet cry, telling me that he's hungry. "I'll make a bottle for him before changing him, and once that's done, you can feed him if you'd like?"

"I can change him while you make the bottle, okay?" Grayson offers instead, and I nod in agreement, grabbing the diaper bag from the bottom of the stroller to give him a diaper and wipes before grabbing out a bottle, the water, and a can of formula to make Kyrie's bottle.

By the time I've finished making the bottle, Grayson has finished changing Kyrie, which greatly impresses me at his speed and did an amazing job.

"You did a great job," I praise him, earning a soft, pink blush across his cheeks as he mumbles his thanks.

Handing Grayson the bottle, he taps Kyrie's lower lip, getting our son to start sucking, and we smile at Kyrie before smiling at each other. We sit in comfortable silence despite the people in the boutique with us. I like how calm and safe Grayson makes me feel despite barely knowing each other.

"Thank you for loving our son like you do," I whisper, trying to rapidly blink away the tears that suddenly appeared.

"Hey, don't cry, Kai," Grayson quickly replies, going to reach for me, but stops when he remembers that he's still feeding Kai. "Come here, please."

When I stand directly in front of him and Kyrie, I give him a watery smile while wiping away the few tears that have fallen, and he sweetly smiles at me, murmuring; "Loving Kyrie is a privilege. Being his dad is an honor, and one day, I'm hopeful that you'll honor me with the privilege of being your boyfriend?"

My eyes widen as my jaw drops open, and I let out a soft sob at his entire confession, and when I finally calm down a minute or so later, I eagerly nod; "I'd love to be your boyfriend!"