five

"Who stole your candy, Andy?" Toni commented when Andrew walked into the room. His head shook as he stayed quiet going to sit on the couch that was in the back of the room. Instantly she could see the fact that he looked run down and like he was ready to sleep for days. "How longs it been?" She questioned as she walked over towards him. All he did was shrug. "Want a blanket? I've got one in the car." His head shook. "You sure?" He nodded. "Pillow?" His head shook again as he sunk back into the couch. "Want someone to cuddle?" Their eyes met before his head reluctantly shook. She could tell he did but would never ask. "Let me see if Kris is free." A slow and tired nod came from him before he pulled his hood over his head and closed his eyes.

Toni went to search the arena just as she saw Mariah enter the room. Mariah set her things down before she noticed the body on the couch.

"Drew?" She could see his eyes reluctantly open and meet hers. "Everything alright?" He shrugged. "You look shattered...." She said quietly as she moved towards him. "What's going...?"

"I've got really bad insomnia.... Haven't slept in like a week and it's catching up to me." His eyes were silently pleading with her to let him sleep.

"Want a cuddle?" She asked quietly.

"I-I don't want to...." Her head shook before she sat down next to him.

"Don't worry about it. You look like you need it." Mariah turned slightly, her foot tucking beneath her leg before he was gently pulled into her. His head cautiously moved to rest along her shoulder before he could feel her hand slowly move along his arm. "Just close your eyes."

"I don't want to keep you here." She could hear the sleep running through his voice and knew he was doing everything in his power to fight it. Without even thinking her arm wrapped around him before her hand slowly ran along his back.

"I'll be fine. Just sleep Drew." His next action surprised her. His lips pressed to her cheek gently and she couldn't tell whether he had meant it or whether the sleep had taken over his actions.

"Thank you chère." The words were quiet and said right before she could feel him fully lean into her indicating he was falling asleep and fast. As her hand continued to run along his back she couldn't help but get comfortable. Her other arm gently wrapped around him her hand moving to rest along the back of his head.

"Well aren't you comfortable...." Toni said quietly as she walked back into the room with Kris in tow. "Don't think he needs you anymore Kris...." Mariah's eyes rolled.

"He looked shattered. What did you expect?" She replied before the older women exchanged a glance.

"This...." Kris commented before their eyes met. "I'm going to tell you something.... Something he may hate me for later but it needs to be said because he's a fucking turtle trapped in his shell and nothing gets him out of it. He's taken a liking to you and definitely wouldn't have let this happen if he hadn't. Usually if he hasn't slept he'll come find me and trap me for hours catching up on the days of sleep he's missed. Never goes to anyone else.... Never." Toni nodded confirming the brunettes words. "He will never admit it though.... He's.... Complicated.... I'm sure if you haven't figured it out already they've told you.... But he is.... But...."

"When you get to know him you realize the shit that makes him complicated also makes him an amazing human being. And before you even say anything even if he were awake he wouldn't remember any of this conversation. When he's this tired everything's a blur. He threw Kris an entire birthday party and doesn't even remember it. Still to this day thinks that he forgot to throw one no matter how many times we show him the pictures." Toni continued.

"Why does he...?" Kris sat down next to Mariah.

"His neck. He'll never admit it but it bothers him way more than he lets on. I've seen him try and fall asleep at night.... Rarely happens. He tosses and turns for hours and is lucky to sleep for an hour. He's supposed to have another surgery but he's been putting it off. Mainly because it's the one that is going to decide whether or not he'll ever be able to do anything in the ring." Their eyes met for a moment. "He's a complicated one.... But he's also a sweetheart and hilarious."

"Hes just shy as fuck." Skye Blue commented as she walked into the room. "Like worse than a fucking turtle. They call him a turtle but it's worse."

"Doesn't seem like it." Mariah replied before they all bit back a laugh.

"You realize to get him to talk to you at the bar took Toni and myself to push him towards you." Skye laughed at Kris' comment.

"And even then he tried to avoid it by coming over to Julia and I and then we pushed him towards you." They could all see Mariah look at Andrew for a moment. "He likes you. But he'll be the last person to admit it."

"His shyness is his worst enemy." Toni commented earning the nods she got.

"Oh my-." Saraya's hand went over Harley's mouth stopping her squeal. Though the others had been talking they knew Harley could wake the dead with how loud she was.

"Don't you bloody wake him up you siren." Saraya said getting a nod from Harley before the hand on the blondes mouth was reluctantly moved.

"I'm sorry but would you bloody look at them!" Mariah's middle finger extended towards her best friend. "Oh don't give me that. Yous are cute."

"There is nothing bloody happening. He looked knackered and I offered him a cuddle. Nothing fucking more than that." They all looked at her and the position of her hands. "Bug off would yous." Kris was the one that answered for them all.

"Not until you admit you like him too."