[09] from a friend

9. From A Friend

"to live is the rarest thing in the world

"to live is the rarest thing in the world. most people exist, that is all."

DANI SMILED.

She didn't know why. They weren't in any dream situation. But still she smiled.

They were alive. They were breathing. They'd get through the hard times and live for those they lost. That was enough of a reason to smile she supposed.

"Major upgrades." Abe stated, right before crashing the fire truck straight into the entrance of the church.

"Great parking, dude." Dani yelled out from the back, right beside Rosita.

They all climbed out, minus the unconscious southern man, and greeted the three members of the group stood outside, collectively wondering where the rest had disappeared to.

Dani hugged the young boy with one arm, booping the baby in his arms on the nose. "You okay?" She asked.

"We're good." Carl grinned, his hat crooked.

She moved to hug Michonne and patted Gabe's shoulder, noticing his glum expression. "You're back." Michonne said as she greeted Glenn.

He gulped. "Eugene lied."

Disappointment seeped into the woman's expression as he continued. "He can't stop it. Washington isn't the end." Glenn looked around, finally addressing what Dani had been wondering the whole time. "Where is everybody?"

Michonne smiled softly and moved to Maggie. "Beth's alive." She told her, her eyes watering. "She's in a hospital in Atlanta. Some people have her, but the others went to get her back."

"Do we know which one?" Maggie asked, part relieved, part worried.

"Grady Memorial." She nodded.

As Maggie processed the news, turning to hug her husband, Dani turned to Carl. "Lucia's okay?"

"She was okay. She's with my dad so he'll make sure she's okay." He nodded.

Dani smiled softly at him. "Thanks for looking out for her." She told him, appreciatively.

"She's nice." A faint pink bloomed across his pale cheeks, making Dani chuckle.

Tara smiled at the joyful display in front of them. They needed some good news. "Let's blow this joint, go save your sister." She chuckled.