[15] end of the line

15. End Of The Line

"if i didn't love you, it would be fine"

LUCIA FOLLOWED ABE INTO THE ROOM, her eyes softening at Rick's tired form. He was bandaged and stitched in all different places, a sad sight for someone she cared about so deeply. She had passed Pete on the way over. He looked just as bad... worse actually. Stunk of liquor too.

"Where'd you get the gun?" Michonne asked him.

"You took it, right? From the armoury?" In all honesty, Lucia had missed this side of Carol. Neighbourly Cookie-maker Carol just didn't feel right. "That was stupid. Why did you do it?"

Rick shrugged slightly, looking between them all. "Just in case."

"Deanna's planning to have a meeting tonight. For anyone who wants to." Glenn explained. Maggie probably informed him. She had the most knowledge about the goings on of this place's 'council' of sorts.

"To kick Rick out?" Abe asked.

"To try." Carol corrected.

Glenn shook his head. "We don't know that."

"Either way, we're not going to let that happen." Lucia shook her head, folding her arms over her chest.

"Maggie's with Deanna right now. She's gonna find out what it is."

"At the meeting, you say you were worried about someone being abused and no one was doing anything about it. You say you took a gun, just to be sure that Jessie was safe from a man who wound up attacking you. You say you'll do whatever they want you to. Just tell them a story that they want to hear." Carol coached, nodding to him. "It's what I've been doing since I got here."

There was an awkward pause as Michonne assessed the woman, reclined in her seat like she owned the room. She probably did. "Why?" She asked.

"Because these people are children and children like stories."

"What happens after all the nice words and they still try to kick him out?" Abe asked, his hands on his hips. He was worried. He didn't want to show it but Lucia could see it in his furrowed brows and the way he chewed on his bottom lip.

"They're guarding the armoury now." Glenn told them all.

"We still have knives." Carol said bluntly. "That's all we'll need against them."