Snap

Image by XWildfeatherX  

"How could I have killed your sister? I wasn't even alive!" Snowpaw exclaimed. Thrushblaze snickered and didn't move from her position.

"Oh. That fox that killed your father because of your dang curse. It even killed Lilybloom, too. Don't act dumb." the queen snarled. Snowpaw was taken aback for a second. She had never thought this entire time that Thrushblaze hated her just because of her sister's death. I thought it was because she had to take care of me! Suddenly, anger spiraled around her.

"You can't hate me for something I did when I was not even alive!" Snowpaw screamed. She did not care anymore if it woke up her clanmates. "All of this fox-hearted curse stuff is fake! I did not kill my mother or father! I miss them every day and wonder what life would have been like if I still had them. Maybe I would have been happy!" She noticed cats began to come out of the dens. Tired and confused. "You were supposed to be my mother even if we were not bound by blood, and you instead treated me like dirt." Snowpaw turned to the Clan. "All of you did!" She screeched.

What happened next, Snowpaw herself couldn't control. Her paws, mind, claws, and teeth all went to Thrushblaze and sank into her throat. She had attacked Thrushblaze and had clawed at her throat as much as she could around her fastened jaws. Snowpaw was in shock as she kept going. Thrushblaze let out a bloodcurdling scream as she kept clawing at her neck. Cats had begun to yell and run over for her to stop. Snowpaw wanted to stop, but she couldn't. Not because of anger, but because she physically couldn't!

There you go Snowpaw. There you go. This is the little push you needed. The push to be one of us... To her horror, the voice of the cat was the one with the amber eyes from her dream. Tears began to come to her eyes. Frustration and fear welled up in her throat.

Then just like that she fell to the ground. The power from the amber-eyed cat had left her body and she was back in control. Snowpaw had fallen on top of Thrushblaze's body. the she-cat's eyes were glazed over. Snowpaw then threw up. Her clanmates grabbed her scruff and tossed her to the side.

Sorrelwing was in front, her eyes were filled with pure anger and disappointment. She looked at the cats behind her.

"One of you, get Pikestar. And wake up the rest of the cats, Duskpaw." Sorrelwing demanded them. Snowpaw made eye contact with Duskpaw for a split second, he looked hesitant and fearful. He turned to do what his mentor said. When Snowpaw turned back she was startled to see Sorrelwing staring deep into her eyes.

"Why did you kill Thrushblaze!?" Sorrelwing spat. More cats around began to hiss and growl and ask more questions. And not long after, the Clan had cleared a path for Pikestar who was coming up to her apprentice. Sorrelwing bowed her head to Pikestar and then moved to the side for her leader.

Pikestar looked down at Snowpaw with deep disappointment.

"I tried to look past the curse when I made you my apprentice, Snowpaw," Pikestar told her calmly. Snowpaw hung her head.

"Is Thrushblaze really, dead...?" she murmured. Pikestar sighed and nodded. Snowpaw looked up again, eyes full of tears. "You have to understand that I did not kill Thrushblaze!" she pleaded. A couple of cats snorted and some wrinkled their noses. "Something took control of me! A cat that I had dreamed about once did! He told me he gave me a push when he did that! I never dreamed of ever killing. Let alone a Clanmate... Please, you have to understand! I know it sounds crazy but-"

"Everyone saw you do it, Snowpaw!" Pikestar interrupted. "There is no better choice when it comes to this. I should have listened to Thrushblaze and Stormstep long ago and exiled you! I kept you here because Silvermoon and Sparktail were the best cats I knew. And you might have been just like them. But those red eyes only see ambition and blood. They reflect your personality, you know?" Snowpaw let out a cry and shook her head.